FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Is it fair to hold a seat if someone prepays? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Is it fair to hold a seat if someone prepays?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Is it fair to hold a seat if someone prepays?  Reply with quote  

I've been trying to think of a way to hold seats for people who have to work until 5pm. It seems fair to do so if they REALLY intend to come. Perhaps if they prepaid they full $10...what does everyone think about this issue.

Is it fair to hold a seat if someone prepays?

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:13 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

how would they prepay? via mail?

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:30 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

I would think that mailing a money order would be OK. They could send it to me and I could mark them as attending on the check in roster, since I usually do the money handling.

Sound ok? In fact, why limit it to ppl who are late. It would be really convenient to have prepayments from anyone, it would save checkin time and hassles with change!

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:22 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

paypal??

I think prepaying would be cool. paypal would be a good way to do that huh?

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:59 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

great idea! Wink

Cool

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:03 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

yaeh i wont pay in pennies if i can pay with paypal.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

I like it. Make it so. Very Happy

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:31 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Max

Sagz wrote: I like it. Make it so. Very Happy

Yes Sir, Captain Picard, Sir!

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:51 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

I think you meant "Aye, Sir", but whatever...

I won't use paypal. just check out http://www.paypalwarning.com and http://www.aboutpaypal.org if you wanna know why.

Good old fashioned Federal Reserve Notes, backed by the full faith and credit of the United States of America (stop snickering), good for all debts both public and private are what I use; take it or leave it.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

What if they dont show?

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

i use paypal sometimes, never keep money in the paypal account, just transfers from bank account

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

I do the same thing shinobi. Its not smart to leave money laying around in paypal its just not safe enough.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goahed Makemyda

No PayPal, sorry. I'm not going to manage that. I already have a business and a personal account and I don't want another. I don't think it is asking too much to pay 7-11 $0.65 for a money order and the US Post Office $0.37 for a stamp and Staples a few pennies for an envelope if you want to reserve a seat.

About no-shows.....no-refunds. Don't sign-up and pre-pay if you may not come. This is just a convenient way to assure your seat if you have to come late. It's also a great way not to reduce sign-in time...I think we could make a pdf that you print and mail with your payment which includes the waiver and your choice of pizza.....super convenient. Just check in at the sign-in desk, I'll acknowledge that you're pre-paid, and you're in!

We may do that in September. Remember, August will be a small event. There will be no formal food plan or drinks available, but the good thing is, however many ppl show up, you will pay only enough to cover the charity of $100 to play. If 20 ppl come, $5 each. See Brules and Sagz for more details since they are running the show that month.

In October I hope to have anouther big prize tourney and hopefully almost every month thereafter. Prizes = More Attendance = Better Prizes = Very Happy Gamers

No Odd Todd Math Here!

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Max

can i bring you a check during normal business hours?

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goahed Makemyda

Hehe...what are the normal business hours of the OKGG? 3rd Saturday from 10am-Midnight???

Sure, you can bring payment for the OKGG to Technology Unlimited's offices or mail them to Mike Ledbetter, PO Box 721548, Oklahoma City, OK 73172. BUT DO NOT MAIL THEM FOR THIS LAN or Augusts.

Starting in September we will accept pre-payment but it MUST reach us by the Friday before the LAN party. If it doesn't, you will not be allowed to play without paying again, so you would do well to mail payment early or just drop it by my offices.

Oh BTW, for those who are new to the OKGG, I am a staff member, and I own Technology Unlimited, however, they are not connected. If you are paying for the LAN Party, make sure the payment is made out to Mike Ledbetter so that I can cash it! I can't cash payments made out to Technology Unlimited for OKGG stuff.

Thanks.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Mike, I can take payments too if ya want, since I or my sister are at our office 8:20am to 5pm every day.

Brules

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:13 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

I can take them too. They'll get to put to the OKGG (cough) (cough) Very Happy

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

noescapes wrote: I can take them too. They'll get to put to the OKGG (cough) (cough) Very Happy

The who what??

Despite - smack this boy!

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

knee-scrapes: do yourself a favor and take the time to coherently get a thought out. please, for our sake and for yours...

Razz

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

Roger That k_os and moose, ummm....oh ya and Despite. Smile

Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:50 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: