FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Car Poll Goto page 1, 2  Next

Which is better looking?
Gay ass mini cooper.
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
2005 Jaguar XKR
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
blu
Step on my cubes.

Car Poll  Reply with quote  

OK, nimda and I have to work something out. He thinks that the Jaguar XK is ugly, but a fucking mini-cooper is not.

Please enlighten me how this

could EVER EVEN IN IT'S WILDEST DREAMS be nicer than this

Oh, and to keep you guys from skewing the poll, please post with your name if you actually voted for the mini, so I know you really meant it.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Mini, because I like smaller vehicles. I do however dissagree that the jaguar isn't sexy.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
[LB]-Weasel
pur3 pwnag3!!

Jaguar XK- I do like mini cooper's. I think it would be a fun car just to cruise around in and all that. However, if im gonna be going out, i would definently not take a mini cooper. And i have to say the Jaguar is much better looking than a mini cooper in all aspects.

My .02
MSI K8N-Neo4-F :: AMD 64 3700+ :: 2GB Corsair :: EVGA 8800GT 512mb SCE :: 1x74gb Raptor :: 1x80GB Seagate :: SB Live 5.1 :: ULTRA 500w :: AGM 19" Widescreen :: Server 2003 SP2 :: Razer Copperhead Blue

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Khanis
MFCEO

Only reason i would accept a free mini is to sell. Partly because i wouldn't drive one, partly because i don't think id fit inside one. (6'6", mostly legs)

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i never said the mini was "nicer" than the jag... i said the jag was ugly. i don't particularly care for it. i'd prefer an XJ. i do like the mini cuz it suits my style and price range. and of course the the jag will be "nicer" than the mini -- it's 5x the price.

Last edited by nimda on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Yeah, but for those of us that aren't extra terrestrials, we fit in smaller vehicles just fine. I like the mini because when I go to park I can fit in between the space that the soccor mom's usually leave between their behemoths.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

My mom tried to get me to get a PT Cruiser cause it was only 16k, I was like no way, its gonna be a mini if I buy something new for 16k. I'll wait 4 years and then buy one used.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I consider your poll to be flawed. You do not specify in the poll of witch type of Mini you are referring to. The "old" mini which lasted in production for over 30 years, or the "new" mini which is just a re-stylized Ford Festiva with BMW accoutrements.

I would have voted for the Old Mini.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

awww, fuck that, shinare. Razz

the mini is no ford festiva. have you test driven one?

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Khanis
MFCEO

Yes, please.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Lets asume I pay my entire reported income to buying that car. It would take 6 years and 1 and a 1/2 months to pay for that. Where as the mini would take 1 year and 1/2 month to pay for. If I bought a new car I'd want it paid for in 3 years maybe four. There is no way the jag is in my price range, nimda's price range, shinare's price range, maybe even sevnn's price range. Basically the only here who could ever dream of that jag is Blu. So Blu, buy everyone here a mini instead! Wink

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

nimda wrote: awww, fuck that, shinare. Razz

the mini is no ford festiva. have you test driven one?

I guess I over exsaggurated on the ford festiva thing, I admit, but I'll answer your question with another...

Have you ever test driven a 1969 Austin Mini Cooper with a 1300CC engine, 12" wheels, buckle-down bonnet, a size you can fit 4 of in a single parking space, and a weight less than some motorcycles these days?

I have, and its more than just fun, its a fuckin rush. If you ever have driven an old mini (I used to own one) you would never consider the "new" mini a "real"mini. Sure it looks kinda like it, but no where near as much fun to drive or as small. IMHO anyway.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

gimme a break. There is no way IN HELL I could afford a fucking $70K car. Sevnn's wife might be able to, but that is the only one on here that I know of that *might* be able to. I wasn't considering the practicality of these 2 cars or anything like that, just looks. I think the jag is a nice looking car. WAY THE FUCK out of my price range, I just think it's nice looking.

But just because it is out of mine and your price range, doesn't mean we can't dream about it.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

bluchez wrote: ...

But just because it is out of mine and your price range, doesn't mean we can't dream about it.

But you suggest that I dream about it, which I dont, I actually do deam about once again getting an old Mini Cooper S. And, although it would be completely irresponsible of me to plop down $10k on a restored Cooper S, its definatly not "out of my price range". Wink

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Here is a car I would get if I were actually thinking about doing it. Good price, clean look, and can be upgraded fairly easily to "Cooper S" spec for not too much money. (although would not actually be a Cooper S)

And its close.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

are the older coopers *that* small? the new ones are a lot smaller than other cars, yet still comfortable (my 6'1" 220# self can fit comformably in the backseat). any smaller and it wouldn't be.

and i'm sure the new ones are just as much fun to drive as the older ones... i haven't driven an older one, but the new S is just plain badass.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Actually, nim, I too am 6'1" and fit just fine both in front and in back of the old mini. Thats why they are soo cool. They are small, but have plenty of room inside.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Khanis
MFCEO

all that means is your fuckin dead if you hit anything larger than a squirrel.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

they are both fuckin ugly, but it doesnt matter cuz my fatass cant fit in either

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Khanis wrote: all that means is your fuckin dead if you hit anything larger than a squirrel.

Tru DAT

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: