FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Sad state of affairs. Goto page 1, 2  Next

I don't come to the LAN anymore because....
I do, what are you talking about?
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
I have to work Saturdays
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
I can't afford the hugh $15 fee for 12 hours of game play!
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
I am tired of LANs
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I have a beef with the way things are being run now. See below.
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Sad state of affairs.  Reply with quote  

It amazes me that out of all the people who frequent this forum and talk about games that we only have 7 players signed up for a LAN party this month. 7!!!! If we were NOT a part of the ELG right now that wouldn't even make a big enough LAN to overload my house.

The ELG sign-up is down too with only 21 players signed up. Boy I miss the days of getting together and playing with a group of my friends. The OLP and OKGG used to have 40-50 players most months, now with two major groups we can't even get over 30!!!! It takes 50 just to pay the bills.

If sign-up does not increase over the next months we may see the end of LAN parties in the OKC area. Let's not let that happen...sign up, bring a friend. Let's get back together for some good times.

Last edited by Goahed Makemyda on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:20 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:49 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

amen

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ender
Creasey's art is death.

I can not go this month because honestly, I do NOT have the 15 dollars. I am waiting on a Sony rebate check for 20 bucks, SO I CAN HAVE GAS MONEY. Being out of a job sucks. Sad If I had the money, I would go. Fall break is that week end too, so time is not a factor, just money.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:38 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I cant go this month for obvious reasons (unless you didnt rtead my house for sale thread).

However, if that were not the case I certinly would be there.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:54 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

Re: Sad state of affairs.  Reply with quote  

Goahed Makemyda wrote: The ELG sign-up is down too with only 21 players signed up.

I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. are you saying that there's not gonna be a LAN this month?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Scope
Tropical Scope

I had planned to make it to the lan this month, but the days that I requested off were not given to me. In fact, I requested Satuday off, and to work Sunday. Instead, I was given Saturday to work, and Sunday off.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

CALLL INNN SIIICCKKK!

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

TehDanMan wrote: CALLL INNN SIIICCKKK!

I did that many many times when I was working at Wal-Mart. Most of them were when I was hosting lans up here and I think a few were even down there when OKGG was at the mall. Razz

On another note, everyone vote for #3!

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

add 'lives 300 miles away and has no free time other than when he goofs off at work' and ill vote that

hey sagz, when you buying that plane?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

My though is that if you can't afford $1.25 per hour for a LAN, you should look for a new career Smile

Jester, stop wasting money on assault rifles! Or you could put them to use to make money....wait I never said that!

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

yes, but if you look at it another way, its only 2 years and 2 months of not paying $15 a month and you get a free 6800GT!

Razz

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

If you didn't go to lan parties, you probably wouldn't be so compelled to get a 6800GT, I know I wouldn't Wink

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I was being feset... fiseci.... fah-see-shish.

Smile

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

other: lazy

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Shinare wrote: I was being feset... fiseci.... fah-see-shish.

Smile

facetious

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

Shinare wrote: I was being feset... fiseci.... fah-see-shish.

Smile

feces

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Personally I blame it on President Bush.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

TehDanMan wrote: Personally I blame it on President Bush.

I'm sure he couldn't spell it either.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Goose
Junkie

I have to work on Saturdays now... hopefully only this month, and will be attempting to take vacation for Nov. I was planning on showing up for a couple hours before I had to head to the office at 1:30pm Sad

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Been money for me since the last time I came, which was what... May? I lost BOTH my jobs in June and only started working again in September. I costs me roughly 50 bucks (including entry) to go to the party, if I don't eat or buy drinks or anything. Not to mention I've been spending most of my weekends up until I got the job at my g/f's house.

Edit: Left out the part explaining the 50 bucks.

10-15 to get in, depending on where it is/food. Plus, it's an 80+ mile drive for me to just get to OKC, tacked onto getting to either Moore/Norman or UCO, that's nearly a hundred miles one way. Just doesn't work well for a college student that works part time for min wage.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: