FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Scott Peterson Goto page 1, 2  Next

Is he...
Guilty!
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Not Guilty!
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Scott Peterson  Reply with quote  

I've been keeping tabs on this story ever since it became popular. I knew Amber Frey was going to be a key witness after hearing she recorded telephone coversations between her and Peterson. Lately the news has been playing some of this recordings and from what I've heard, this guy is guilty.

So what do you guys think? Guilty or Not Guilty

The tapes clearly show that the guy is a lying bitch. He murdered his wife, prolly had help in it to like the cops are saying now.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/26/peterson.witness.ap/index.html

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:49 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Fry the bastard.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:08 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Breaky
Im serios this is pretty fucked up

Innocent till proven guilty

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:04 am  View user's profile Send private message
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:11 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Four score and seven years ago...

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:19 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Despite wrote: PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

Other way around.

Guilty until Proven Innocent. Welcome to the United States. Laughing

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Sgt. Slaughter
Don't call me a fuckweed.

dR.Jester wrote: Guilty until Proven Innocent. Welcome to the United States. Laughing

how true this is jester, how true this is.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm sure theres an essay out there on the effects of 19th-21st century media/press on justice and the outcomes of criminal trials compaired to those before television and radio media were so prevelant. Would be interresting reading. I think it would read something like "King said 'Guilty' without hearing any facts or solely based on personal opinion. Off came his/her head".

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:39 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Breaky

It only works that way if you believe that shit. If I ever get on a jury I'm gonna deadlock the sonofabitch unless there is no reasonable doubt.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:43 am  View user's profile Send private message
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

i say zap the motherfucker, i think he did it, and killing a pregnant woman is fucking bullshit. slowly dissect him, keeping him alive as long as possible, plz.

amber frey is kinda cute tho

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Breaky

Thinkin he did and knowing he did is 2 separate things tho. From my understanding of the case, there are no solid ties to Peterson. Almost all of the evidence is circumstantial.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Breaky wrote: Innocent till proven guilty

Ditto

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Breaky wrote: Thinkin he did and knowing he did is 2 separate things tho. From my understanding of the case, there are no solid ties to Peterson. Almost all of the evidence is circumstantial.

I think your right as well but many guilty verdicts have been handed down on "mostly" circumstantial evidence when piled and piled on. I too have heard some of the phone calls he has made and they do sound pretty damming. Especially the fact that not only was he lying about his whereabouts on each phonecall after her "dissaperance" but the fact that he immediatly tried to sell his and his wife's home (fully furnished) immediatly after the disaperance, all over the phone as well. Also, the fact that he was visibly adgitatted when told about the cops finding something in the bay and then looking "totally releived" and even made fun of the cops when told it was just a boat anchor. Why would be be nervious when told they found something if he didnt do it. Circumstantial, yes. Damming, yes.

That said all you have to do is look at the OJ case to see that the system is fucked up.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Breaky wrote: Thinkin he did and knowing he did is 2 separate things tho....

Also, on that point, that fine line is drawn only by how and from where you receive your information and that determination is based solely on your own beliefs. So in my opinion there is hardly a distinction for the avg Joe Schmoe. I think what you mean to say, tho, is "Thinking he did and 'believing' he did are 2 seperate things".

Some people "believe" that the theory of evolution is fact. Some people "believe" the theory of creationism is fact. Its based solely on the source, science text books or the bible and what an individual thinks is more credible. I hardly believe that anyone can KNOW which is absolute truth since noone has been around long enough to observe first hand the history of the universe. The same is true with teh justice system as it is currently set up, no one on the jury can KNOW the absolute truths of the case.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Breaky

I think yer getting too far away from the discussion there.

The fact that a man can be happy about his wife's murder doesn't make him the murderer.

Also, if you or I were cheating on our pregnant wives and planned to leave them, how would we act? Would we sell our homes? Seeing as you or I would probably never do something like that, we can't assume that the way he was acting was suspicious given the circumstances.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

The jurors too have their own values and beliefs just like every free thinkin individual on the planet. How is it any diferent than with them? They will believe what is comming from the more credible source, and if neither side is "credible enough" to cause the 12 jurors to all believe the same thing, then its hung. IMO this guy has lost all credibility with his lying to family/friends/police and his other suspicious activity and the information I have heard from the prosecuting side is credible to me. After all this thread is about YOUR OPINION not the merrits of the case or the functionality of the justice system. If you opion defaults back to "innocent until proven guilty" then you are either too poorly informed on this case to base an opinion on the subject (which is fine and probably the right thing to do) or you dont wish to.

The only one caviot to my opinion is that I have heard all information about this case from the media who tend to spin things to better their sales. So, although informed, my opinion may be totally wrong.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Breaky

Just because one is a liar doesn't mean that they pulled the trigger. If there's no physical evidence then there's no physical evidence.

Opinions aside, I may think he killed her. But unless I hear some proof other than him coming across as being a worthless guy then there's litte to prove he actually killed her.

What I'm trying to say is, there is nothing to come forward to put his charges past a reasonable doubt. If they are not past that, then their should be no way to convict this man.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

G'damn movies these days. Too many of them educating crooks on how to get rid of Forensic Evidence that would tie them to a crime. Sad

Another reason I find him guilty is because detectives seized his computer and found him researching ocean currents in the area that he dumped Laci's body.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Breaky

He could have had someone else kill her and dump the body tho... making his charge conspiracy

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

I dont know if the dude did it or not... but the chick he cheated on his wife with is fucking HAWT!!

Scott Peterson proved one thing.... beautiful peices of snatch can make guys do almost anything....

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: