FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Have you guys ever played TradeWars 2002?

Should I set up a TW2002 Server?
Yes, I love that game, reminds me of leaching off of BBS's!
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
No, I lost too many late nights playing that freakin game!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
What the hell is TW2002?
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Polls Fuckin' suck.
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Have you guys ever played TradeWars 2002?  Reply with quote  

If you have, you know how addicting the game is. If you havent, you should google on it.

I have the full blown, registered, unlimited 32-bit TWGS server I used to run a few years back and thought I might offer a small portion of my DSL bandwidth to you all if there is interest in several (and I mean like more than 10) people who want to play. (dont worry, its a text based game and works just fine over a DSL connection).

For those that dont know what it is, its a space trading, stratagy, PvP, text based game from the good 'ole days of BBS'ing. HERE is the TW2002 home page if you wanna spend a few minutes looking at what it is.

For me to set it up and have it runnin full time again, I will need to get the replacement parts for my web server. But if there is interrest enough I can get that done soon enough.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:30 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

with today's eye-candy games, who the fuck wants to play a text based game? Cool

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:56 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Souper Phly
Junkie

I shall pwn jooo hoomaan Laughing

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

We setup a BBS with BRE here at work... I used to run a BBS back in the days with BRE on fidonet and ITCNet...

BRE ROCKS YOUR ASS!!!

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

ephil wrote: We setup a BBS with BRE here at work... I used to run a BBS back in the days with BRE on fidonet and ITCNet...

BRE ROCKS YOUR ASS!!!

Same here. I was running a BBS out of my OU dorm room in 1992 called "The Void" (because of it's void of downloadable files but healthy registered doors and FIDONet connections). I have a registered copy of BRE as well as Ledgond of the Red Dragon.

Well, if there is super interest in it, I will set my telnet BBS back up and let you all play my free text based games.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Souper Phly
Junkie

"the void" rings a bell, was your bbs listed in the monitor newsletter?

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm not sure if it was listed in the monitor, but it would not suprise me. I had a multi-line (two line) BBS and that always got more attention than single node BBS's. I also had FIDONet and some of the other message nets available. I also had quite a few registered Doors which attracted many. I have since lost just about any trace of reg codes and files, but I still have my TW2002 and TW2002 Gold codes... Smile Up until about 3 years ago I have a backup set of about 40 floppy disks that was a backup of the entire BBS. About 3 years ago I tossed them when I moved into my house when about %50 of what I owned either got tossed or sold.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

I used to play TW all the fucking time!! I was a fucking master at that game and LORD I think it was call. Something about killing a red dragon, but I found a bug in that game after about a year or so of legit playing and it started to get stupid b/c in a week or so I could kill the dragon.

And about text based games I still play ShadowRun on a MUX so Razz

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:24 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

shadowrun would make a good framework for an MMO

i think its a shame that there are all these fantastic worlds already developed, and mmo developers create these shitty stupid loreless worlds instead of working off of a wonderfully developed world like forgotten realms, dragonlance, darksun, shadowrun, etc

a battletech mmo would be very cool, hopefully if MW5 ever happens, they will make it planetside style, maybe make mech warriors be some kind of elite class so there is plenty of infantry etc

i always thought the thing planetside is missing is giant walking robots of doom strichauge

/way off topic

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:45 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

i think its a shame that there are all these fantastic worlds already developed, and mmo developers create these shitty stupid loreless worlds instead of working off of a wonderfully developed world like forgotten realms, dragonlance, darksun, shadowrun, etc

Hell yeah.

I am tired of these stupid ass no sense making MMORPG's!

How about someone geting a damn clue and turning a book series like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, or Gearge RR Martins Game of Thrones series into MMORPGS!!!! The WoT series is HUGE, think of how many people would be drawn to play it who are hard core fans of the books!

My $.02 Smile

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Khanis
MFCEO

If you like the warcraft world, you might like WoW.

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

Does anyone know what engine MMO games use?

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: