FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Saudi Arabia & Lybia - A crisis? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Will Saudi Arabia & Libya go to war?
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Saudi Arabia & Lybia - A crisis?  Reply with quote  

Some of you may have already heard the allegations that Libya was plotting to assassinate a Saudi Arabian Prince. If this gets any worse, what do you think will happen? If the allegations are true do you Saudi Arabia will react and go to war or will this all get downplayed....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/10/world/main622309.shtml

*Edit*

Saudi Arabia is a signatory to the non-proliferation treaties.

Libya has a known nuclear weapons program.

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

if everything goes according to plan, gas prices++

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

I think the heat in that region drives everyone crazy.

Think about it:
Hot as fuck place in Mexico - They make alcoholic beverages and have fun
Hot as fuck place in the Middle East - They stockpile weapons and go to war with anyone

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

You can blame religion on that one. /rant

JIHAD!!!!!

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Do you think that if ANYONE was planning on assassinating ANYONE with this high of a profile, we would be hearing about it before it happened?

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:28 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Breaky
Im serios this is pretty fucked up

Maybe the plot was foiled?

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:03 am  View user's profile Send private message
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

or maybe he isnt the real target

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

i would make a nice long post about this.... but i dont want to end the thread (seems every time i make a long thought out post it basicaly ends the thread....)

Anyways, Saudi's military doesnt scare anyone. As much of an outcast country as libya is, they will not get very much support.. especally when were talking a major oil producing nation vs a nominal opn. If saudi declares war on Libya, they will ask for Nato help... and guess who just happens to have a major military presence in the mideast at the moment who would have no choice other than to back up a nation claimed as an alli?

Put it this way.. if Bush's team does not step in and put an end to this squabble, or atleast make a damn good ATTEMPT to put an end to it, then we can offically say that we have the most bungaling presidental team since the carter administration... and that may even be a compliment (to carter...). The only military (other than Libya's) that would probably suffer any casualties in this war would be ours.... and honestly, we cant afford it with the amount of money we already have invested in the region.. right now, if bush doesnt step in and DO HIS FUCKING JOB since we currently do occupy a territory in the region, then he's basicallly just dooming the economy for a few years.. and with saudi at "declared" war gas prices will go WAAAAAAAAY up for a while... 4 dollars a gallon anyone?

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:39 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah, you killed it. I feel dumber having read that.

Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

everyone always picks on poor Moamer, maybe its his stupid name and thuggish good looks

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:47 am  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

The.Real.Cast wrote:

Gimmeh Five!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Brules
M F C E O

The.Real.Cast wrote:

Pay Up BITCH!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky

Ghaddafi's still whipped from that F111 strike that killed his kids...

We can thank Reagan for that one...

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Good one Breaky! Smile

Speaking of that, I found this with GOOGLE!!! (go me) and found it really interesting:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/el_dorado_canyon.htm

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky

Ok this is what I mean.

Bomb goes off in Berlin disco where US servicemen go from time to time.
Reagan launches the largest tactical air strike ever.

Bombs go off in 2 US embassys in Africa, USS Cole is bombed, WTC is bombed.

President Clinton launches tomahawk cruise missles at probable targets (caves) in afghanistan. We shoulda had men over there well before Sept. 11th

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

It should also be noted that the French Embassy in Tripoli and several of the neighboring residential buildings also were bombed inadvertently during the raid; they were not targeted.

Damn I forgot ALL ABOUT THAT! The frogs really fliped out over that one.....yeah.....ummm we really didn't mean to hit it! Wink

And this was really impressive:

During the evening of 14 April, 28 Eighth Air Force KC-135s and KC-10s left the Royal Air Force (RAF) bases at Fairford and Mildenhall, England, to meet up with 24 F-111s from RAF Lakenheath. For this mission to Libya, the Eighth Air Force's tankers refueled the strike force four times under conditions of radio silence. On their return, the F-111s needed two more refuelings to get back to England. The mission took 14 hours to cover 5,500 miles nautical miles because France and Spain would not allow the formation to fly over their territory. Eighth Air Force's refueling support made the longest mission ever accomplished by tactical aircraft a success.

28 tankers, 4 refuelings PER PLANE under radio silence?!?!?! Wow.....go REAGAN military buildup. Laughing

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky

Yeah LOL @ the embassy bombing. I heard that Reagan actually told the French ambassador that he was sorry but the error was due to pilot fatigue from flying so long... ie... not over french airspace...

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Hey speaking of accidental embassy bombings, anyone remember awhile back it seemed that it was always happening to Chinese Embassys? Laughing

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I have one word that sums up a present that I would like to send to the entire region of troublemaking bastards: NUKES!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

But then all of our oil will be stuck under a 20 foot thick plate of glass =(

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: