FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Sign-up for June Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

So why isn't everyone signing up for the June LAN?
I did already!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Can't come this month. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just lazy...I'll do it soon.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No tourney announced, or prizes! (Suggestions posted below.)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Too far away. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (See below)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

We've answered all yer questions, now why haven't you signed up yet?

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

TehDanMan wrote: We've answered all yer questions, now why haven't you signed up yet?

*lol* I have to give those answers to the wifey and make sure I havent already obligated myself to something else. heh

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

We know where you balls are. Firmly planted between yer wife's legs, and no, the rest of you is nowhere near there.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

yup Embarassed

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

bwahahahahhaa

Laughing

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

Yeah, ephil is correct... and I did select #3 Smile

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

TehDanMan wrote:
Shinare wrote: OK, I just embarrised myself laughing out loud (very loud) while here at work. Razz

Ok, about the ISO thingy, I presume your talking about games that dont require you to have the CD in the drive then?

The deal with daemon tools is you make an ISO copy of the original disc to your hard drive. Then you "mount" the image using daemon tools. Basically you use daemon tools to "trick" your computer into thinking that you have the disc in your cd-rom drive. It does so by creating a virtual drive.

i used to do that, but when i got really heavy into overclocking my rigs were constantly changing and i'd end up losing iso's in the process.

i think i'll start doing it again now that i've got some big hard drives Smile

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I think I see the problem....17 people have signed up and only 12 answered this poll. Looks like it's time to spread the word again about the OKGG. Anyone remember the flyers? Maybe we need to make up some new ones and post them around town again.

Also I still bet prizes would make a difference in this apathy.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

My main issue with the lan is the lack of new games out. I am having a hard time getting in to new games. I think that once Quake4, Doom3, HL2, and RTCW 2 arrive the lan will be rocking.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Hmmm....I like several of the games we play, but I would like to play some that got a quick pass through too like CoD and Halo. Not as an all day thing, but just for fun. I like Far Cry and BFV (if it wasn't so laggy). However, if we can only get 17 players at the LAN it makes it tough to do diverse games. It was still way fun last month, as we all played the same games together. Still it's more fun with 50 people there. Sign up ya n00bs!

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am up for some Halo action, I still think it is one of THE BEST CTF games out right now.....

Plus driving the PUMA is just a blast.

Razz

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Brules wrote: I still think it is one of THE BEST CTF games out right now.....

I was gonna sign up until I read this. Sad

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Well detox, we all know Brules is confused, sexually and game wise.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

ROFL! Smile

UT2k4 has a fun CTF, I just think Halo is funer. The vehicles are better (indestructable appeals to me I guess Smile ), and the gameplay seems faster to me. I like it, and would love to play it some at the LAN. Along with some UT2k4!

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

brules, did you just say the gameplay in halo is FASTER than ut2k4? that couldn't be further from the truth. you haven't played a good game of ut2k4 ctf or bombing run. Razz

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Brules is a crackhead.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

I'll play both, and CoD and FarCry! I like 'em all, and I just want a BIG LAN! Sign-up!!!!

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Goahed Makemyda wrote: I'll play both, and CoD and FarCry! I like 'em all, and I just want a BIG LAN! Sign-up!!!!

Another good question: whats a good list of games to have/bring to the LAN? I have UT2003 and UT2004 and thats just about it. I had planned on getting FarCry and BFV but I seem to be spending my money on other things (ie. sound cards, DVD burners, etc Embarassed ) So are there older games that will still be pretty fun to bring to the LAN I can get cheaply and people will be playing?

PS> Whats CoD? (Call of Duty?)

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:49 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Shinare wrote: Another good question: whats a good list of games to have/bring to the LAN? I have UT2003 and UT2004 and thats just about it. I had planned on getting FarCry and BFV but I seem to be spending my money on other things (ie. sound cards, DVD burners, etc Embarassed ) So are there older games that will still be pretty fun to bring to the LAN I can get cheaply and people will be playing?

PS> Whats CoD? (Call of Duty?)

Call of Duty. Last lan we played lots of UT2k4 and Far Cry, a little BFV.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

We should have a lot of the GRB guys there this month... So BFV will be played!!!!

[ We will take you all on!!! Smile ]

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:10 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: