FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Sign-up for June Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

So why isn't everyone signing up for the June LAN?
I did already!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Can't come this month. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just lazy...I'll do it soon.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No tourney announced, or prizes! (Suggestions posted below.)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Too far away. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (See below)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Sign-up for June  Reply with quote  

So why isn't everyone signing up for the June LAN? Post here or just sign-up! Let's have a full LAN again!

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

I sent the link to Goose... But I would put him in the lazy catagory... I will smack him today and make him sign up... Smile [will work on the other GRB peeps as well]

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:23 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:32 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

"Other"

I need specifics that for some reason I have not found out yet. As in, date and time (as in how long is it, when to show up, etc), what I need to bring, how much, etc. (I know the place) Smile

I'm sure these things are common knowledge, but as I have never been to a LAN before, and fully plan on going this month, I need to be filled in.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

http://www.okgg.org/index.php?id=Details

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Shinare wrote: "Other"

I need specifics that for some reason I have not found out yet. As in, date and time (as in how long is it, when to show up, etc), what I need to bring, how much, etc. (I know the place) Smile

I'm sure these things are common knowledge, but as I have never been to a LAN before, and fully plan on going this month, I need to be filled in.

Time is like show up: 10am-noon usually, play till midnight.

Smile

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I know, Ive read it like 5 times... where on there (unless I'm being blind" does it say at what TIME to show up and HOW LONG DOES IT LAST??!?!??!?!?!

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote:

Smile

Ahhh, thanks B, I'llmemember dat now. might wanna indicate that on the page I was referred to by Sevnn.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Meaning show up anywhere from 10am to Noon, and play till MIDNIGHT or 12:00, all times CST and subject to change depending upon the size of the feather up our butts. Smile

Doesn't say that on the details per say, but it should, and our WORST ADMIN EVER should get right on fixing the faux paux. Bad bad admin!!!!!

Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I'd fix it but the ftp details are on my machine at home...

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

You need your PC, keyboard, mouse, mousepad, HEADPHONES, monitor, and powercables. You should also bring your game discs, bring them all, as you never know what someone might start playing. Personally I copy all my discs to ISOs and use Daemon Tools to run them. This month's LAN will be June 19th, the day before my birthday, I expect presents. You will need $10 United States Dollars, $5 additional United States Dollars, if you wish to get pizza. If there are enough people, soda will be provided as well.

If you need to borrow something, like headphones, or a mouse or keyboard or something like that, you can post, and someone is practically guarentied to offer to bring it. Some of us can even offer to bring you a PC if you ask really really nicely, or give us a handjob.

Oh yeah, and bring yourself too.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

TehDanMan wrote: Personally I copy all my discs to ISOs and use Daemon Tools to run them.
I can personnally recommend this VERY highly. I have about 70 gig of ISO images so that I rarely if ever have to use an actual CD to play a game.

TehDanMan wrote: or give us a handjob.
Please remember, this is Dan speaking and is most definitely not OKGG sponsored nor supported. If you opt to go this route, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Do so off campus, FAR FAR from the rest of us and NEVER EVER tell us about it, we do NOT want to know about it...

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

OK, I just embarrised myself laughing out loud (very loud) while here at work. Razz

Ok, about the ISO thingy, I presume your talking about games that dont require you to have the CD in the drive then?

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Sevnn wrote:
TehDanMan wrote: or give us a handjob.

Please remember, this is Dan speaking and is most definitely not OKGG sponsored nor supported. If you opt to go this route, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Do so off campus, FAR FAR from the rest of us and NEVER EVER tell us about it, we do NOT want to know about it...

Yes, I'm probably the only one that would accept a handjob as payment for anything, I am not staff, nor should I ever be. Teh 7 is mucho correct Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Shinare wrote: OK, I just embarrised myself laughing out loud (very loud) while here at work. Razz

Ok, about the ISO thingy, I presume your talking about games that dont require you to have the CD in the drive then?

The deal with daemon tools is you make an ISO copy of the original disc to your hard drive. Then you "mount" the image using daemon tools. Basically you use daemon tools to "trick" your computer into thinking that you have the disc in your cd-rom drive. It does so by creating a virtual drive.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Thats pretty sweet... hummmmm maybe I should get that drive from Max after all.. heh Or go get myself a 200GB so I can leech at the LAN. Smile

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

CompUSSR had a Seagate 120gig SATA drive that was 60 bux after rebatesn. I would have gotten it, but I never buy anything just for the rebate.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Dont have anythin that will run an SATA unless I pick up a card from somewhere. Its probably not worth it if I have to get a card to run one, might as well just get ATA.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Shinare, DaemonTools mounts ISO images to 'trick' the OS into believing the ISO image is an actual CD-ROM in a CD Drive. It furthers the usefulness of this process by emulating CD protection methods so that most CD copy protections are defeated. This will not work in all cases, but in many you will not need a no-cd crack.

I should mention here that we do not allow in-depth discussion of warez on these boards as it can get us in alot of trouble. That said, all posts till now including my own refer to legitimate copies of CD-ROMS that have been created by those who actually own the orginal cd's and use the images for backup purposes. From this perspective, please be very careful with your comments regarding leeching. Please ensure that you only obtain copies of CD-ROMS that you actually own.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Oops, I may have misled you by my leeching remark. In no way was I referring to leeching other's paid software. I only leech legal stuff. Embarassed

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: