FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > News and Updates > URGENT NEWS! Read the below text and go VOTE in the forum!!! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the OKGG move to MNVT or YRUC?
Yes, move to Moore Norman Technology Center!
96%
 96%  [ 52 ]
No, Proceed with the Yukon Round Up Club!
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 54

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

URGENT NEWS! Read the below text and go VOTE in the forum!!!  Reply with quote  

Subject: URGENT VOTE TOPIC! Read first before voting.

As most of you know the OKGG lost it?s ability to use the Shepherd Mall as a LAN location in early March. The staff spent a lot of time struggling to find a new venue. We finally located the Yukon Round-Up club and it is still available. However there is still a need to upgrade the power there and it will cost the OKGG about $500 to do so. Additionally this venue leaves no room for growth (50 people Max), and thus will likely not be a permanent home.

Another option was proposed, the Moore-Norman Vo-Tech facility, which was not due to be available until summer, BUT has now become open!!!!! MNVT has actually pursued US to come and have a LAN there, and will allow us to advertise around their campus for the LAN.

This facility can house over 100 players, has adequate power (all over the floor and walls), tables, chairs, and *possibly* a place to store our monthly LAN gear. Internet access ATM is up in the air, but may be possible. The facility is also likely to upgrade us within a year to their new building (May 2005) which will have dedicated confrence/meeting rooms. Additionally the MNVT has offered to be a sponsor and give away prizes, such as free classes, and discounts to gamers for classes!

The facility is willing to let Sagz act as security in lieu of paying security staff (so you guys will have to behave), which also saves us money. Additionally the 3rd weekend of the month can be ours again at the MNVT location! This slot will not be available at the YRUC until at least August.

The vote is, should the OKGG move to the new Moore-Norman facility immediately, as in for the April 1st Anniversary LAN, or go to the Yukon Round Up Club as a temporary home, only to have to move again? You guys are the gamers, and it is ?by the gamer, for the gamer? so you decide.

If we move to the MNVT location, we will have the $500 (more or less) that we would have spent on power issues at the YRUC available for servers, prizes, etc. This vote must be conducted very quickly, ending this Saturday, 3/27/04 at 11:59pm, because we have to let the two facilities know what we plan to do. Sorry for the short notice!!! SO PLEASE VOTE NOW! See you at the next OKGG!

Pictures of the MNVT room can be seen here:

http://www.zerovoid.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=5&page=2

Pictures of YRUC can be seen here for comparison:

http://www.okgg.org/yrc/page_1.html

For refrence:

MNVT is located SOUTH of Oklahoma City. When you approach Norman, you take the FIRST exit by the YORK plant and go east on the first road, go 1.5 miles and you are there.

YRUC is located WEST of OKC, off of Route 66, in Yukon Oklahoma. Approximately 10-15 miles due west of Downtown OKC.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky
Im serios this is pretty fucked up

Yes but is Sagz qualified for security? I have the suspicion that his Kung-Fu is weak.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Make no mistake... my Kung-Fu is STRONG.... bitch.

Ask for a demonstation next LAN. Razz

Last edited by Sagz on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Cuss, discuss, ask questions below. PLEASE NO FLAMING ansd NO THREAD HIJACKING. This is a VERY serious, and important issue to the future of the OKGG and the gamers need to decide ASAP so we can proceed down either road that is chosen.

So please keep it clean and on topic. Smile Consider this fair warning Bypass!!! hehehehehe Razz

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

stronger than my fart-fu?

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'm all for moving to MNVT! Lets do it.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

MNVT is probably better suited for our needs, so tho I'd like it in Yukon for driving distance... I'll vote for MNVT for the good of the OKGG.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I like the Moore area more most betterest.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Breaky
Im serios this is pretty fucked up

I'd prefer it more. I don't mind the drive to the city but living in Norman this seems like a better alternative. I definitely have a bias though.

/Sagz will taste my Shaolin style when the fist of legend shows itself next LAN.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Please spread the word as well if you can to fellow OKGG attendees and active people. We haven't mass mailed yet, so word of mouth needs to go out.

Thanks.

Smile

Also note, if it wasn't stated in the above, the next lan would be on:

APRIL 17th, 2004 if we move to MNVT.

YRUC would be on the date specified on the front page.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I say MNTC. Much better. I use to go there. Quick and easy to unload and load.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

I'm already in Norman WOOOOT!!

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Also note, if we do move to MNVT, sign up will be cleared. Tourney's and prizes will most likely stay the same.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

Is there some magic number that is necessary for a decision one way or the other...anyone have a thought?

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

crap. I dont know about changing the date... hmm....

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Basically all dates are open here from what I understand, so if a majority of the gamers want to move the date, then we can. But we planed on being able to go back to our normal date because alot of ppl have already planed around it for work/wives etc. Wink

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Ok. I am all for the change to Moore, but i made special plans with work to go to the lan on the 10th. If the date is changed this month I will not be able to attend.

I will watch the vote closely, but it should be noted in the logs that I want this months lan in Yukon (for the date only) and every one after that in Moore. Smile

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

I say keep the April 10th date at Yukon and move to MNVT AFTER April. I too made special plans to make the 10th. I would not be able to make the 17th!

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

a better facility AND no need to blow $500 on what would likely be a one time venue? seems clear enough to me.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

For a single lan to happen at YRUC, we have to put $500 of our own money into the building to make it usable and that is money that we don't get back. For this reason, its pretty much YRUC for an extended amount of time or the MNVT.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: