FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Team Tourney in February Goto page 1, 2  Next

What team-based tournament do you want to see at Feb's OKGG?
Call of Duty
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Quake 3 Arena
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

Team Tourney in February  Reply with quote  

The top vote for the team tourney, according to the roster, is Call of Duty, however, since we did a CoD tourney last month and since q3 is only 2 votes behind, the staff have figured that we hold a poll between the two to see what tourney we do in February.

The vote will last one week from today, so cast your vote quickly. By next sunday, we will know the results, and we will need your help to hype up February's Lan. we should have some good cash prizes available as well, if that's an incentive to anybody. Wink

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Definitely Quake. Definitely, definitely Quake. Definitely.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

allow me to translate for those that can't read between the lines as well as I can:

CoD is leading in the signup vote, but k_os would far rather play Q3. Since Q3 is not too far behind CoD in the vote, it provides a nice excuse to try and get another vote to go the way k_os wants it.

By the gamer, for the gamer! (but the staff will make sure and provide a little direction)

if this vote doesn't go "the right way", will there be another one?

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:18 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

yes, i personally like q3 more than CoD, but this is more so the lan doesn't do the same old shit every lan and get stagnant. variety makes things more fun.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Despite

well gee, if it's what "the gamer" voted for when they signed up...?

personally I don't much care either way which game we play, but it does bother me somewhat that you've let your personal desires influence things.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Nothing has been decided cranky. Thus why we are polling YOU. If we arbitrarily decided it, then we wouldn't be asking for input now would we?

Smile

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

You could arbitrarily decide by altering the row in the database that the polling results are stored, thereby pulling the vote in your preferred direction.

I've done this before by asking if ShrewdWalkingCorpse was a fucking jew and then going into the database and putting in 64 votes for yes.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:54 am  View user's profile Send private message
Despite

do you not see my point, slowy? (if you can call me cranky, I can call you slowy)

this ALREADY HAS been put before the people who will be coming. If you're going to hold to that "by the gamer, for the gamer" slogan, then do so. reintroducing votes (so it'll still be "what the people want", of course) until you get the result you want just smacks of old Soviet style abuses of power.

but hey, it's your LAN; do what you want.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

No....really....I don't see your point. Smile You are geting cranky about us asking for more clarification on what people want to play since as of now it is within 2 votes. Since you can't change your vote on sign up, I/We think it is only fair to ask for people opinions. That is all we are doing is asking. If the sign up switches to a big margain then it is moot, but I can't see the problem with asking for input.

We discussed it in the staff forum extensively and decided to post it here. It really isn't such a bad thing to do is it? Smile

Confused

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:14 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Hey... I understand... So... With that in mind, I will change my vote to Q3 for $5.00... Any takers? Smile

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:26 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

$4 and we have a deal, but don't tell anyone....it's a sekr3t! We don't want word geting out that the staff rigs the tourney votes.

Wink

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Deal! And no worries... No one will know Smile

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:28 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Despite

Brules wrote: It really isn't such a bad thing to do is it? Smile

as old Soviet style abuses of power go, this is pretty mild. nevertheless, I hold a special place of contempt in my heart for hypocrites. personally, I think the "by the gamer, for the gamer" slogan is just so much talk-talk, but if you guys are going to profess to conduct yourselves by it...

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I personally didn't vote for either in the sign up. However, I appreciate the chance to make my contribution to the decision between these 2 games at this time.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Despite

bluchez wrote: I personally didn't vote for either in the sign up. However, I appreciate the chance to make my contribution to the decision between these 2 games at this time.

good point. still, this could be addressed by setting up a Borda count or a Condorcet style vote on the signup.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

English? Please... Smile

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Despite

TDM, hook this boy up with that google ambulance link thing

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

You are making them up!

No entry found for Borda

No entry found for Borda count

Ha!

Laughing

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Despite

you really are a slowy.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22borda+count%22&btnG=Google+Search

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

It was a jedi mind trick to force you to link for me!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Phear my ev1l powers!

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: