FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Politics & Religion > bush is talking... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

MooseDog wrote: Good job fellas. You all officially suck.

me too? I didn't say a thing. Lets remember why we do the LANS and just agree to disagree when it comes to politics and religion.

I'm sorry to hear that Adrenaman won't be making the feburary lan. The fact that he is going to not attend due to the opinions of 1 or 2 forum posts just seems silly to me.

Look at Despite, He disagrees with everyone! and still attends and has fun (we think... hard to tell with the perma-scowl)

Anyway... lighten up people. You'll enjoy better health for it.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Nah, not you Sagz.

Look. It's one thing to give your opinion and say how you think somebody does something (good or bad). It's a whole other ballgame when you resort to calling them names like Goahed did. That's just uncalled for. I may not have like President Clintons way of doing things, but he was still our President. I've never called him a POS, that's uncalled for and quite disrespectful.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

cheese

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

cracker?

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

pms?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Moosedog, I fully respect your right to an opinion and I hope you'll do the same for me. Like k_os and Sagz said everyone is entitled to an opinion and no matter who is in office, hopefully, life goes on.

If you notice throughout the forums, there have been MANY a criticism and name calling, and I usually don't comment...this time I did, and I apologize if my outspoken opinion upsets you, because I do consider you a good friend.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

MooseDog wrote: Nah, not you Sagz.

Look. It's one thing to give your opinion and say how you think somebody does something (good or bad). It's a whole other ballgame when you resort to calling them names like Goahed did. That's just uncalled for. I may not have like President Clintons way of doing things, but he was still our President. I've never called him a POS, that's uncalled for and quite disrespectful.

hehehe I called him Bill "suckmyp33nlikeacigar" Clinton.

Smile

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Very Happy
Thank you for the humor Brules, this thread definitely needed some....

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I personally think that anyone who doesn't think Nader should have been elected is no longer my friend. Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

bluchez wrote: I personally think that anyone who doesn't think Nader should have been elected is no longer my friend. Crying or Very sad

nad. Laughing

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

Albert Einstein wrote: He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

bluchez wrote:
Albert Einstein wrote: He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Nice quote from the guy who had quite the influence in the USA starting it's work on an A bomb in 1939.

Einstein's greatest role in the invention of the atomic bomb was signing a letter to President Franklin Roosevelt urging that the bomb be built.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

*Whoosh!

Speaking of A-Bomb, this guy who piloted the plane that dropped it said on Discovering Wings Chan last night that he had no problem with dropping the bomb. Japs brought it on themselves. I also heard too that when it hit, some of them were wearing t-shirts with printing on the back and the heat made it stick to their back causing a really nasty burn.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
blu
Step on my cubes.

OK, for starters let's look at the whole paragraph off of the web site you got that from:

Einstein's greatest role in the invention of the atomic bomb was signing a letter to President Franklin Roosevelt urging that the bomb be built. The splitting of the uranium atom in Germany in December 1938 plus continued German aggression led some physicists to fear that Germany might be working on an atomic bomb. Among those concerned were physicists Leo Szilard and Eugene Wigner. But Szilard and Wigner had no influence with those in power. So in July 1939 they explained the problem to someone who did: Albert Einstein. According to Szilard, Einstein said the possibility of a chain reaction "never occurred to me", altho Einstein was quick to understand the concept (Clark, pg. 669+; Spencer Weart & Gertrud Weiss Szilard, eds., "Leo Szilard: His Version of the Facts", pg. 83). After consulting with Einstein, in August 1939 Szilard wrote a letter to President Roosevelt with Einstein's signature on it. The letter was delivered to Roosevelt in October 1939 by Alexander Sachs, a friend of the President. Germany had invaded Poland the previous month; the time was ripe for action. That October the Briggs Committee was appointed to study uranium chain reactions.

( From: http://www.doug-long.com/einstein.htm )

Now, this is saying that because of worrying about Germany destroying the world, that he agreed to *SIGN* a letter to influence the decision. This was to a person that Einstein trusted, FDR.

Let's take some more quotes from that same article:

" the atomic bomb would have been invented without Einstein's letters, but that without the early U.S. work that resulted from the letters, the a-bombs might not have been ready in time to use during the war on Japan"

"The atomic bomb related work that Einstein did was very limited and he completed it in two days"

"Prof. Albert Einstein... said that he was sure that President Roosevelt would have forbidden the atomic bombing of Hiroshima had he been alive and that it was probably carried out to end the Pacific war before Russia could participate."

Einstein later wrote, "I have always condemned the use of the atomic bomb against Japan."

" five months before his death, Einstein summarized his feelings about his role in the creation of the atomic bomb: "I made one great mistake in my life... when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made; but there was some justification - the danger that the Germans would make them."

OK, that to me doesn't seen like this horrible contradiction that you were trying to imply.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

heheheh Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Bastard!

Razz

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

OK if you like bush, you have serious issues. That man has stolen more from the working American than even his daddy did. The people getting all pissy and cancelling their attendance are TWATS.

Vote Kucinich, for teh ganja and teh healthcare!

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

yay for kucinich! Cool

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Hey you guys quit doing intellectual agruments. Those are not called for here!

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I wanna vote for some average fucking Joe.

Someone like me who lives in the real fucking world.

I am tired of all the professional politicians.....I think that is the one thing we can all agree on.

Sad

This is one of the reasons why I think Dean is so popular.....even though he is a nut, he comes across as a NORMAL human. He doesn't seem to be some pre-manufactured card board cut out that the Dem's made in the mad scientist labratory.

Hey I have an idea! Do a reality TV show.....*The President*!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA HELL YEAH! Take everyone who wants to be president and make them fucking big brother it or survival it for 6 weeks!!! Camera's on 24/7, NO EDITING!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA OMG that is the idea of the century!!!!!!

Who is with me?!?!?!

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Two words: Wes Clark

Tax the shit outta companies who export jobs abroad in order to increase theirt bottom line.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: