FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > March LAN Question Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the OKGG be held in March?
Abso-freakin-lutely! I'll be there...
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
I'm going to ExtremeLAN, but do what you want....
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I don't think we should hold a LAN in March.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

I just did, and it looks for all the world to me that he is not, in fact, full of shit.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

oh well

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

oops bad link

www.extremelan.org

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Umm... Atomm is not full of shit...

Quote from extremelan forums from Dwayne:

"Despite our best efforts to get funding to keep the event alive after we lost our largest financial contributor, all attemps to get funding have failed. ExtremeLAN officially will be cancelled in the next few days, and everyone will be refunded as quickly as possible.
Thank you all for your support, and we regret that we have been forced to cancel the event. I have lost entirely too much money at this, so I believe I will be out of the "Big LAN" business for good..."

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
GruntmaN
Sand Filter

GruntmaN wrote: All I can say is I'm shocked to hear some of you. Yes, we have to be faithful to our local LANs, don't get me wrong, but this could be a once in a lifetime chance for many of you to see what a major LAN event is like and a chance to ensure that other large LANs come to your town. With the prizes available you'll likely be playing with some of the best gamers period. Here's your chance to proove what OKC is made of.

Goodbye once in a lifetime.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

You got that right......damn I am pissed!!!! Sad

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

Yeah, it pretty much sucks... but guess it is back to the okgglan for march. Smile

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

ouch he's right I went into the forums and saw that myself. That seriously sux.

Well then we'll just have to have that much more fun in June at the Battle of The LANS.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lilie
n00b

GruntmaN wrote:
GruntmaN wrote: All I can say is I'm shocked to hear some of you. Yes, we have to be faithful to our local LANs, don't get me wrong, but this could be a once in a lifetime chance for many of you to see what a major LAN event is like and a chance to ensure that other large LANs come to your town. With the prizes available you'll likely be playing with some of the best gamers period. Here's your chance to proove what OKC is made of.

Goodbye once in a lifetime.

Once in a lifetime? First off Quakecon and the cpl is only 2.5 hours away. Secondly it seems other people have the ability to pull off large lans as well. Check out what the local lan organizations can do when they pull together. Battle of the Lans. GG

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

I'm going to pretend to start a LAN, take early registrations and just dump the money into an interest-earning account, then cancel the LAN and return everyone's prereg money.

woohoo! I've got my money making scheme, how about you?

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

Lilie wrote:
GruntmaN wrote: Goodbye once in a lifetime.

Once in a lifetime? First off Quakecon and the cpl is only 2.5 hours away. Secondly it seems other people have the ability to pull off large lans as well. Check out what the local lan organizations can do when they pull together. Battle of the Lans. GG

seconded.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Damn, sorry to hear that. I wasn't going this year but I probably would have next year. I hate to be a mooch and bug Dwayne for Swag...seems kinda like being a vulture if you know what I mean. ProGen, if there is really swag available for the OKGG, could you ask on our behalf please?

Thanks in advance d00d, and sorry to hear that the efforts, which must have been huge, failed to produce a LAN.

To th OKGG gamers, this means we will definitely be having our March LAN and I will get with the Staff to assure we get some good prizes that month. Sign up folks, the february LAN is coming soon! 2-21-04.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dsessom
Sand Filter

Just to set the record straight, between FragFest 2003 and ExtremeLAN I lost well over $6000. It's nobody's fault but my own. But I most definitely never made a profit off any of this LighteningCrash. Some people have been totally against this whole thing since day one which I really don't understand. I was truly dedicated to assembling a top notch LAN and tech show that everyone would enjoy.
Lots of things went wrong despite my best efforts to keep it all together, but with LANs that big, you are taking much greater risks that most people realize. I will not attempt to host any more large LAN events myself since I will be paying off debts for quite some time, but I will certainly help all I can to support other LAN groups including OKGG, ELG, TulsaLAN, SOLAN, FANG, and Battle of the LANs.

Take care guys.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

he was just joshing ya', Dwayne.

at any rate, I'm glad someone had the nutsack to try this. I'm sorry that you had to get so burned on it, though.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Despite wrote: he was just joshing ya', Dwayne.

at any rate, I'm glad someone had the nutsack to try this. I'm sorry that you had to get so burned on it, though.

This may sound weird... but I agree with Despite... it took balls to attempt it.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Agreed and I am really surprised that you were not able to get enough people to sign up. Pretty sad.

If there is any swag to spread around, we (the OKGG) would greatly appreciate it, but I can't say I'd blame you if you sold it off to get some of your funds back!

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dsessom
Sand Filter

Thanks guys. My wife has told me that I'm a terrible business manager, and well, damnit, she is right. (Why are women always RIGHT???) Shocked
But, I think I am a decent at marketing/promotion, and having long standing relationships with plenty of PC hardware manufacturers and vendors. I really enjoy helping promote products that I know are good.
So I will do what I can to get swag for the local LANs.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
5][Havik

Damn, that really sucks. 5][ was waiting to register until we knew for sure, we just dont have the kind of money to spend like that, not saying it wasnt worth it or anything. But yes, I respect you greatly, just trying to get 50 people to come to ShaG, has been well, you obviously know a pain in the ass, why dont you come join us sometime, i'd love to meet you. If you want anymore info, just pm me, and thanks for the effort.

5][Havik

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Sagz wrote:
Despite wrote: he was just joshing ya', Dwayne.

This may sound weird... but I agree with Despite... it took balls to attempt it.
Thirded.

Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: