FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > March LAN Question Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the OKGG be held in March?
Abso-freakin-lutely! I'll be there...
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
I'm going to ExtremeLAN, but do what you want....
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I don't think we should hold a LAN in March.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

ProGen wrote: I know what you mean, but, it isn't all that hard to come up with an extra $20.

As much as you complain about not having money, I don't want to hear you say this to anyone again.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

haha! good call.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Well, my boss is flip-flopping on when he wants me to move to VA... Either March or June now... So if it is June, I will be there... [gotta get a strait answer out of the man]

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:20 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

[SF]-ephil wrote: Well, my boss is flip-flopping on when he wants me to move to VA... Either March or June now... So if it is June, I will be there... [gotta get a strait answer out of the man]

or quit...

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Ha! Nooooo... See, I am one of those crazy fucks out there that loves his job... People may think "Ewwww, you work for AOL"... But what I do for AOL kicks ass and keeps me very happy Smile

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:41 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

That's all that matters!

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

[SF]-ephil wrote: Ha! Nooooo... See, I am one of those crazy fucks out there that loves his job... People may think "Ewwww, you work for AOL"... But what I do for AOL kicks ass and keeps me very happy Smile

I tried the 1000 free hours thing along time ago and after i cancelled they wouldn't stop calling me, it was like everyday AOL would call begging me to come back.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

dR.Jester wrote:
[SF]-ephil wrote: Ha! Nooooo... See, I am one of those crazy fucks out there that loves his job... People may think "Ewwww, you work for AOL"... But what I do for AOL kicks ass and keeps me very happy Smile

I tried the 1000 free hours thing along time ago and after i cancelled they wouldn't stop calling me, it was like everyday AOL would call begging me to come back.

that's where ephil started Razz

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Shinobi wrote: that's where ephil started Razz

ha! To tell you the truth, I started out in a queue called "WinTech"... I am sure you can figure out what I did...

I was not a happy camper when I was on the phones... I am not a people person to be honest... So once the ball starting rolling in the right area, I made sure I was off the phones ASAP... All in all, I have had a ton of fun working for them... It may sound odd, but as a chronic work-a-holic, it really works out great... For what I do now, I am forced to be creative, and for me, thats what keeps me going.

Now then, back to the subject... EL is going to rock!!! [if I am there Smile ]

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

I think it's funny how all the animosity (if it can be called that) seems to be perceived by outsiders. Unless I'm mistaken, nobody is viewing this as any sort of competition.

Me personally, I would have gladly paid twice the measly $50 the EL is costing. When I first heard about it, I was quite excited to have a major LAN event in OKC. I've said it before, but the ONLY problem I have with it (and unfortunately it's a deal breaker) is the goofy scheduling. only 48 hours, and those from Thursday at 6pm until Saturday at 6pm? on top of that, tourneys scheduled to run until 3 and 6 in the morning?!? am I the only one who finds that odd?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
GruntmaN
Sand Filter

Despite wrote: I think it's funny how all the animosity (if it can be called that) seems to be perceived by outsiders. Unless I'm mistaken, nobody is viewing this as any sort of competition.

Me personally, I would have gladly paid twice the measly $50 the EL is costing. When I first heard about it, I was quite excited to have a major LAN event in OKC. I've said it before, but the ONLY problem I have with it (and unfortunately it's a deal breaker) is the goofy scheduling. only 48 hours, and those from Thursday at 6pm until Saturday at 6pm? on top of that, tourneys scheduled to run until 3 and 6 in the morning?!? am I the only one who finds that odd?

Fairly typical of large tournaments bro. I've been to LANs where a giant CS tourny started at 5am. It didn't finish till the afternoon. I know most of the tournies I'm in usually start around midnight or 1. The scheduling was done well in my opinion. Take off Fiday from work and get to sleep in Sunday so you can make it back to work on Monday.

$0.02

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

What, you mean you don't do amphetamines to keep yourself up at night? You're missing out, man! Very Happy

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:57 am  View user's profile Send private message
Lilie
n00b

Well actually all the MAJOR large LAN tournaments have scheduling starting in the morning and ending in the evening/night. CPL, QuakeCon, ect.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

Lilie wrote: Well actually all the MAJOR large LAN tournaments have scheduling starting in the morning and ending in the evening/night. CPL, QuakeCon, ect.

which makes alot more sense, at least to me

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

which is odd, cuz a lot of shit you do doesn't make sense to the rest of us. Wink

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Despite

GruntmaN wrote: Fairly typical of large tournaments bro. I've been to LANs where a giant CS tourny started at 5am. It didn't finish till the afternoon. I know most of the tournies I'm in usually start around midnight or 1. The scheduling was done well in my opinion. Take off Fiday from work and get to sleep in Sunday so you can make it back to work on Monday.

$0.02

assuming you're not joking, I now know for certain that I am most definitely NOT the target demographic!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

There are 9 players who have voted to date that we should have a LAN in March. Although that constitutes a majority so far, to make it worth doing, we need at least 10-12 guaranteed players. I have no problem taking off for a month, but if any of you have just not voted and you do want a LAN, better speak soon.

I think that the majority and vote count for this topic should be ended no later than the night before our February LAN. At that point, if we don't have at least ten of you who will swear an oath to show up in March, we will just take a month off. The Mall costs $100 per month, so 10 is the minimum. Not to mention the hassle of setting up and tearing down.

However, this does NOT mean that I would not be willing to invite a few eople over to my office for a LAN!

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Atomm
Brules was better than me at BF2

Guess it doesn't matter any more since Extremelan closed its registration and is returning all the early registrations.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Despite

Atomm wrote: Guess it doesn't matter any more since Extremelan closed its registration and is returning all the early registrations.

damn. really?

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Atomm is full of shit. I recomend you go to www.extemelan.org and you'll see for yourself.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: