FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > March LAN Question Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the OKGG be held in March?
Abso-freakin-lutely! I'll be there...
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
I'm going to ExtremeLAN, but do what you want....
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I don't think we should hold a LAN in March.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

March LAN Question  Reply with quote  

A question has been under discussion in the Staff forum for a few days pertaining to the March events. As many of you know the ExtremeLAN is being held in March.

If you are attending, great! We hope you have a good time and win lot's of stuff! It is a great opportunity for Oklahoma Gamers.

However, many of you may not be attending for several reasons:

Costs too much
Can't be there enough to make it worthwhile
Don't like big LAN's
Not there for the prizes, just to game with friends
etc...

Some of the OKGG staff will be attending, some will not. So here is the question....

If you are NOT attending the ExtremeLAN, would you like to have the OKGG in March as usual for $10 a head, no prizes, maybe a small group, but still a LAN?

Also, please post your thoughts about the ExtremeLAN and the idea of holding an OKGG in the same month. Pros and Cons.

We said by the gamer and for the gamer and we mean it. Your vote will determine if we hold a March event or not.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

I am not going to Extreme LAN so if we do an OKGG in March, I'll be there to help...we may need volunteers to do set-up and tear down...post here if you will help or even if you want to attend.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

You didn't have just a "don't give a shit" option.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:02 am  View user's profile Send private message
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I will come.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:03 am  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

i will not be able to drive down to okc 2 times in march.. aint gonna happen.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:24 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

okgg is third saturday, so is extreme lan. so it's an either/or situation.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

k_os wrote: okgg is third saturday, so is extreme lan. so it's an either/or situation.

my bad, I wasnt looking at the dates....

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:58 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Im probably going to get flamed for saying this but I honestly think that the Extremelan isn't going to have a very large turn-out. Plus its too damn expensive, $50 damn dollars for a few days. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it goes. Oklahoma just isn't the place for a huge ass lan, IMHO.

If the OKGG has a party in March, I'll be there, $10 for a lan is much better than $50, even if there isn't a truckload of swag and prizes, that isn't why I go to lan parties, Im here to game folks. Wink

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

I gotta agree with Jester. I just want to get my game on. I am NOT going to the ExtremeLAN. however, if there is an okgg and it turns out like that time that it coincided with a CPL, it may not be worth doing. remember that time? what was it, like, 8 people that showed up? that sucked.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Unrealized

I'll be at the lan if we have one.

ExtremeLan doesn't interest me at all.

If you need it I can help setup and tear down.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:34 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

50 divided by 3 is 16.66. that is a dollar and sixty six cents more expensive then the Edmond LAN. I think it is worth it, and it will be a great opportunity to meet fellow gamers. I'm personally hoping for gamer chicks to be there Razz

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:12 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

I don't think I'll be going to the Xtreme Lan. I'll be at the okgg unless something funky happens.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:16 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

=ELG=TheDanMan wrote: 50 divided by 3 is 16.66. that is a dollar and sixty six cents more expensive then the Edmond LAN. I think it is worth it, and it will be a great opportunity to meet fellow gamers.

your math is a little wrong, danman. if you do it by the hour (which makes more sense since extreme lan is 48 total hours not 3 days), it break out like this:

EL - $50 / 48 hours = $.96 / hour
OKGG - $10 / 12 hours = $1.20 / hour
(not sure what the price of attendance is for ELG)

so with that, EL is the better value, FWIW.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Typical, reduce fun to a cost per hour...how sad it is that we are so trivial about a few pennies difference in price. It's the Wal-Mart way Rolling Eyes

Oh and you can play at the OKGG for 14 hours SO YOUR MATH IS WRONG, NAH!

hehe!

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

whoops, my math was wrong anyway in the previous post. damn divisors and dividends

EL = 1.04 / hour
OKGG = .83 / hour

so uh, sue me. Rolling Eyes

and you ask why we're being trivial about pennies? it's because some people don't want to go to EL because it costs too much, that's why. it's not that bad.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

i was going to say thought lan ended at 2am? lol Laughing

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blu
Step on my cubes.

I was going to say, 10 / 12 hasn't equalled 1.2 for several years now, get with the program.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

So 7 people want to go huh....if we get a solid 10+ I'll set it up, otherwise, we can all LAN at my office...FREE!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

That would be sweet!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:05 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goose
Junkie

I know that many people are saying $50 is a lot, and they are correct. It is a lot; however, I am going anyway. People keep saying that OKC isn't the place for a big LAN... Well, you know what, it is up to the gamers in OKC and Oklahoma to change that. The more people that show up for ExtremeLan the better the chances are that we will have another one. With that more sponser will come out and that will attract more gamers. More people you have the less the cost will be over all. I know this isn't QuakeCon which is FREE, but until ID Software moves to OKC (which will never fucking happen) we are pretty much stuck with having to pay money for big LAN's.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: