FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Shaving Poll Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

What do you shave with?
Razor
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
Electric
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Shaving Poll  Reply with quote  

Ok ... this may seem weird. But I've been a big razor guy for years. I shave with just soap, water, and my trusty Gillette Mach 3. However I've been thinking about going to an electric, specificly the Braun Synco.

If you use electric which ones do you prefer/recommend?

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:36 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I use an electric on my face. But I do a quick once over with a razor on my neck as using the electric on my neck causes ingrown hairs. But I much prefer the electric as it is faster and less messy. I've tried all sorts of electric shavers on my neck and have found that it is just plain easier to use a little squirt of shaving gel and do a little scraping at the neck to get all of the 5 hairs that grow on it Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

I tried my grandpa's Norelco once when I was about 15. holy shit that hurt! haven't tried an electric since.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Adrenaman
pwn3d

I hate shaving so I have a full beard. I just shave my neck a bit to keep it clean.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:48 am  View user's profile Send private message
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I have both. I prefer razor though. It is a closer cut.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:59 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I use the razor before a date. The razor is a thousand times closer then any elec I've ever used.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

I have used both many times. The electric is a lot faster to do a once over with and keep trimmed up. I use to prefer the electric, but after going through 3 months of nothing but a mach 3 in boot camp I changed my view. Either has there advantages. electric is easier to do a once over and stay trimmed up everyday, and the new ones really dont pull like some of the older ones did. It is good if your in a hurry. If you have time, a razor works better.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Muerte
flagrant dipshit/asshole

Just water and a razor...

Brules wrote: If you could run at 100fps, and it drops ALOT, you will STILL have 30 FPS. If you start at 60 FPS and it starts droping alot, you are fucked.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I have *never* used a razor. Smile

I have used a Norelco since I started shaving when I was 12.

The lift and cut of the Norelco's really does work, BUT like Dan said, it can give you razor burn/ingrown hairs. The way to deal with it is to replace your blades every 6 months. If they stay sharp they work REALLY well. I would put my Norelco up against a straight razor for smoothness though. Plus I am such a wussy, I dont think I could ever use a straight blade hehehe....I would butcher myself I am sure. Smile

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i got a cheap electric razor last year for christmas. i liked it alright, but it didn't cut close enough and it hurt quite a bit on my neck. i think i got the most use out of it when i was shaving my head during the summer. i had to use it more often than a razor, but i kept nicking myself, and razor burn on your head kinda sucks ass.

i'm a soap and water and mach3 turbo in the shower kinda guy. seems to work for me. plus, it's easier to get cleaner lines on sideburns, goattees, and other wanted facial hair with a razor.

i'd like to try an electric again, but i want to spend no less than ~$150 on a really good one when i do. the cheaper ones, in my experience, just suck.

Last edited by nimda on Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Shaving cream and a Mach 3 in the shower. Works great. I have no complaints. Tried a couple electrics, didn't like the feel or shave so I gave them up.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

agreed, the cheap elecs do lick the testicles. By the way don't use an elec on them, it hurts, you'd be better off using a pair of tweezers.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

As hairy as I am I'd need hedge clippers. Shocked

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

we didn't need to know that, moose. Evil or Very Mad

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Killaholic

TMI!

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

MooseDog wrote: As hairy as I am I'd need hedge clippers. Shocked

[HankHill]that boy aint right[/HankHill]

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Damage
Junkie

I use the Mach 3 turbo (a little better than the regular mach 3 imo) and gillette shaving gel. I still get razor burn from it, but anything else (soap, shaving cream, electric) gives me serious razor burn.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Killaholic

Same here.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Condor
cApTaIn SpAmMeR

I use a striaght razor. Like the kind you see in the barber shop. Closest shave ever.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Killaholic

I would slit my throat with that by accident.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: