FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Dec Tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What Tourny for December?
CoD
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
CS
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
BF1942 / DC
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Duke Nukem 3D
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Doom2
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Halo
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Quake 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quake 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Enemy Territory
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
UT2K3
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Malice
pwn3d

yup getting kinda sick of DC/BF1942 tourneys. We need another old school tourney like when we had Quake 2 Tourney a few months back.

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

How about Duke Nukem 3d? Wink

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Malice
pwn3d

Hell's Yes!

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TheDarkAvenger
n00b

Man Duke runs funny on XP. IF we can get it to run right im all for it. Watch out though it dosnt like sound cards.

"Dont worry you passed....but barely, you know what you got? F+ *CLICK* "

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Figures. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'm for old skool! lets play solitare!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I'm tired of CoD already too. I hate games that eliminate all artillery, vehicles and such. You can play CS or Medal of Honor and get a very similar game play.

BF/DC is getting kinda old but I like the option to do more than foot soldier everywhere! Hell lets play some UT2K3 at least it is high action!

However I think Halo got skipped over WAY TOO FAST. I still like it and it kinda mixes foot soldiering, DC like vehicles, and the space theme of UT and Q3. Why does everyone shun Halo already?

Maybe the solitare tourney IS the best option!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I like Halo. Smile

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Damage
Junkie

I recently got CoD and I'm not crazy about it either. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but the single player is not much fun. It's one of the most linear games I've ever played. When you it said "you'll never need to open doors, any door you need to use will be open" or something like that, I was like WTF?? You have basically no choice but to follow the preset path that the developers chose. Multi-play might be better, but I picked it up more for the single-player experience and it sucks.

I loved Halo on Xbox, but on PC, it just feels way too slow. I haven't been able to get into it at all.

I think that BF/DC is still the best option unless you want to do something retro or non-FPS.

Anyone ever play Crimson Skies? We played that at the last LAN I hosted in college and it was a lot of fun. I don't know if people would be able to find it since it's a few years old though. It would be a nice change of pace though.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Im not much a fan for Halo, the game just runs too wierd on PC and the weapons need fixed.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheDarkAvenger
n00b

This tie sucks. Somone change their vote from COD to BF!!! We must play the BF!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheDarkAvenger
n00b

LoL i remeber the old days of playing duke. You could turn down your res and run faster than everyone else ahahahahaha. Good times. Tell me, is Duke3d shareware now? If it is lets play. I have the old one...somewhere.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

I wanna change my vote to Russian Roulette for the tourney. Wink

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:29 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Adrenaman
pwn3d

Have you CS die hards ever tried the new Rainbow 6? Isn?t it time to put that old worn out CS to rest until the new HL2 CS comes out? Do you people still play CS because you haven?t upgraded your system to handle newer games or is it really still that much fun?

Anyway my vote is for COD.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:43 am  View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaman
pwn3d

but I picked it up more for the single-player experience and it sucks.

Man I loved COD I think the single player game is awesome. Yes it is much scripted but it really immerses me in WW2 it?s almost like being in a movie. I?m not sure what you are comparing it to but it?s in a league of its own.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:50 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

The single player is the best part of the game. It is IMO the best single player game ever. I've played alot of them and this one is addictive and fun.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i'm getting sick of the WW2 based games, so IMO, CoD brings nothing new to the table except for the iron-sight aiming and the shell-shock effect when an artillery shell hits pretty close to ya. but other than that, it's the same old crap.

and now we've got medal of honor: pacific campaign something-er-other coming out. i would like to play this one, since no one has really touched that campaign in a SP mode.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:49 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Damage
Junkie

I don't know why I don't like it. I liked Medal of Honor, but CoD just does nothing for me. The totally scripted/linear gameplay is probably the biggest thing I don't like. I played the first four or five levels and it seemed like they just pull you around on a leash and say "ok, do this, now do that." I like to think for myself and have a little bit of a challenge when playing a game. The almost totally static environment is another black mark against it. The WW2 theme has been beaten to death and I'm just tired of it.

Maybe suck is a little bit too strong a word, but it was definitely a dissapointment to me.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Spyder
n00b

I really hope the poll turns out for straight BF 1942, CoD would be great too, no DC please.
I may be mocked, ridiculed, and just plan beaten for this but I really dislike BF DC, notice "dislike" b/c i dont "hate" it, I would still play in tourney if thats what it came down too, but i just dont care for DC.
BF all the way though!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheDarkAvenger
n00b

Yea i agree w/damage I just wasnt really impressed by COD. It looks a little better than MOH but plays the same. I dont know who thinks it looks better than BF but there crazy. COD would have been great 2 years ago, now IMO its just another FPS WWII with no vehicles. I dont even like the iron sight aiming thing.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: