FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Steam Controller

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
ViperX
pwn3d

Steam Controller  Reply with quote  

So did anyone get the newfangled steam controller. Thoughts about the games its used with. It's tempting to me but what do you guys think?

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I got one and a Steam link. Linking the link so far. The controller... well I've not used it a whole bunch yet. Not enough to even get a good handle on how well it works.

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ViperX
pwn3d

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Fatal0E
pwn3d

Not happy with how my right thumb lands on it. I have to fold it back at an angle that makes it hurt quickly. I also have a prototype, it seems spaced better and is more comfortable, but the final product has a more solid feel. The prototypes pads were goofy.

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message
ViperX
pwn3d

Thx for the input guys looks like I'll hold back from it at least for right now.

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:43 am  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Having used it a bit, I've discovered a hitch. Namely, I'm getting some sort of interference here locally that is causing lag in the input. Wired it's working great (still not quite used to the left/directional touchpad clicking, but the angle of the handles makes it easy to use that or the analog stick, as I willed, with ease.

The keyboard emulation, that uses the left and right touchpads at the same time needs an option to use one or the other, rather than forcing you to use both (one side of each side of the keyboard) I could see that working for someone that was used to a blackberry or similar device, but for me, I just connected a wireless keyboard (the tiny one I used on my old media center PC) as a work-a-round until they add that option.

Controller-wise, it's growing on me, and I like it better than my Xbox 360 controller for certain things, but my old Gravis is still my stand-by for older games that originally worked best with a rocker switch.

Again, really enjoying my link. Using it wired (network-wise). And it's working exactly as advertised, and I've not found a controller yet that hasn't worked with it. Barring the caveat that the device connects via usb or bluetooth.

Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: