FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Anyone playing Eve Online???

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Freighter 109
TK'er

Anyone playing Eve Online???  Reply with quote  

I've been playing Eve for a few years now. I'd like to find some fellow Eve players to play with. I'm open to other games as well. Hit me up and LETS GAME!!!
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
4 Crucial MX100 256GB SSDs
Corsair Vengeance 2x8=16GB RAM
Cablemod fully sleeved wiring

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I played very heavily for years but haven't done more than dabble in free 5 day offers since then.

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Freighter 109
TK'er

I'm gonna do my best to come to some future LAN parties. I've never played BF before, but am gonna give it a try. I see post for BF3, but are people playing 4 now or still 3? At the least I can come to a party and meet some like minded people and see what everyone is into.
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
4 Crucial MX100 256GB SSDs
Corsair Vengeance 2x8=16GB RAM
Cablemod fully sleeved wiring

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I wasn't at this month's LAN other than to stop by and say hi, but our current game list is something like: BF4, DOTA2, Heroes of the Storm, SupCom:FA, and anything else that comes up.

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I'm still boycotting Blizzard. Diablo 3 PC single player STILL cannot be played locally. You give it to consoles, and not to PC, you're still giving the finger to your primary audience. I may be alone in my anger toward this, but I expect them to do it again and again with their further releases. Apart from them correcting that or not making the same mistake with D4, I'm not sure what anyone can do to change my mind on the matter. So no Heroes of the Storm for me. ;/

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Drix wrote: I'm still boycotting Blizzard. Diablo 3 PC single player STILL cannot be played locally. You give it to consoles, and not to PC, you're still giving the finger to your primary audience. I may be alone in my anger toward this, but I expect them to do it again and again with their further releases. Apart from them correcting that or not making the same mistake with D4, I'm not sure what anyone can do to change my mind on the matter. So no Heroes of the Storm for me. ;/

They got a lot of good will back from me when they took the RMAH out of D3 around the expansion release. Played the crap out of it then. While I agree in general that LAN play needs t make a comeback, in this particular case I don't care. We never played Diablo 2 in LAN mode because characters didn't transfer between LAN and Online. Would likely be the same case with 3 as Blizzard has used that restriction in the past to help prevent cheating/duping type stuff.

Or to elaborate, quit being sandy. We play online most of the time. Are you going to boycott Dota2, Warframe, or Firefall (Your 3 most played games on Steam) because you have to be online (Though Dota just added a LAN mode, but it didn't bother you for the last 2 years or so.)

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yay DOTA 2 LAN mode! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see 1 company still supporting LAN play!

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

But it's still limited even then, because of the nature of the game. It's either players v bots or 5v5 with players, which we don't usually get at the LAN. So offline mode is still missing functionality unless you have a big enough group.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:38 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Sad You cant have BOTS in LAN game? Thats isiotic.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Sad You cant have BOTS in LAN game? Thats isiotic.

Yes you can. You can play:
Players VS Bots
Players VS Players & Bots
Players & Bots VS Players & Bots
Players & Bots VS Bots

My point was that you're still technically missing out on part of the functionality of the game if you're playing in "offline" mode. There's still plenty to do, but it's not all there.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill, my problem is the way they treat console players in comparison to their primary player base, not the lack of the offline mode. Console D3 can play offline. PC Cannot. It's a bullshit move on their part. Admittedly my original decision to boycot was because of that and the RMAH breaking the game, but it was more the console had blatantly been given single player offline, and we had not.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Aye, it's DRM for the most part. Consoles don't have piracy issues like PC does. That's the main reason they don't have online only. That and consoles have a higher percentage of purely offline devices.

But again, that's the way it is. I know for a fact that you play multiple games where the situation is essentially the same. Just for an example, lets use BF4.

Yeah, there's a single-player mode that you can play while Origin is offline. But the bulk of the game, the meat of it, is unplayable without being online and using a legit copy of the game.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of it, but there's no point making a case against it when in varying ways almost every company is doing it.

Just going off your games list on Steam. every non-free to play game on there is at least somewhat locked to being online. Steam won't run in offline mode forever and requires a check-in occasionally. Steam IS DRM. That's one of it's main purposes. On top of that there are multiple games that have a significant amount of their content locked behind a login. It's the same thing handled in a different way. It's the annoying but unfortunately totally expected evolution of CD-Keys and games that ask for random words from the manual.

In the particular case of D3, yeah, I was bothered by the omission. And by the inclusion of the RMAH. But I just didn't use the RMAH. And I realized that I played D2 almost entirely online anyway. If D3 had an offline option, I'd never use it for the same reason I didn't in D2. There's no point in progressing a character that's going to be segregated from being used for the main point of the game, which is playing in a party.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Drix has sand, Anriel likes to argue with walls. LOL.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Brules wrote: Drix has sand, Anriel likes to argue with walls. LOL.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill

Brules wrote: Drix has sand, Anriell likes to prove Drix is being unreasonable. LOL.

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:47 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: