FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Far Cry 4...... Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Far Cry 4......  Reply with quote  

I has it. Couldn't resist.

Anyone else?

One question for those who do: DLC season pass worth it?

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I haven't played 2 or 3 enough to justify $48 for 4.

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Played 3, was fun. Have watched a bit of 4. It's 3 with less ocean. Maybe when it's <$20.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:21 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am digging the hell out of it. The new bad guy is even better than Voss.....the location (I am suprised) is fucking awesome. One of the most beatiful and cool settings ever. It is a LOT like 3 (crafting, skinning etc) but all improved and better.

Baiting animals to attack bad guys is a fucking riot - and the crazy random shit that happens is a hoot.....ppl get run over all the time and attacked by wild crazy fucking animals.

Cant wait to ride an elephant and fuck up some bad guys lol.

Really liking the location though - the varied terrain, elevations and scenery is just awesomesauce.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Sounds like a lot of fun. The animal bating attacks especially. I was watching a game review compilation by Total Biscuit yesterday (can't remember which one) and he was talking about a space based political alliance game where you work to build peace or war between factions. Didn't sound like too much fun for me until he mentioned that he had a planet he couldn't get to submit to his will so he convinced all the other factions to turn their planet into a dumping ground for toxic waste. This happened continually until he was able to effectively kill the planet. It was such a powerful tactic that the developer ended up nerfing it. The nerf sucks but the idea of a game that lets you think creatively (or at least let you think you are creatively thinking) is pretty awesome.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I will probably be buying this game this weekend. Not for myself, unfortunately, but for my son who keeps letting me know incessantly that he didn't get it for Christmas.

I'll play it for sure but it probably will get the lion's share of use by my son.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

How old is he? Game is pretty mature.....

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Several hours into it.....still loving it. It is in all seriousness a v 1.5 of FC3 with improvements. You no longer have to craft health kit things, you gather the stuff and it will auto make them. To sell stuff, there are traveling sherpa like dudes you can hit up and unload loot - though since they walk the roads, they usually get pancaked by passing cars/patrols lol!

There is also an "auto drive" feature that is nice. Once you set a waypoint, hit tab and it will auto drive you, but not as fast as you could go alone.

I released a caged elephant into a hostile town and holy balls lol - it was insane......it went after everything lol. I do NOT want to tackle one - a rhino was about the end of me and 3 other NPCs lol.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:13 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

And it has an epic Mad Max style gyro copter........and a 1 man Top Gear style hovercraft. Hell yeah!

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

So this character in FC4 is almost as funny as the robot from Borderlands lol.

Link

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

funny you should bring this up, I just purchased this game (finally) for my son. I haven't seen him playing it yet tho. Sad

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:51 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I watched this video last night and he is very funny. I still haven't played FC2 or FC3 so I wanted to start there first. Loaded up FC2 and fell asleep during the 14 hour long scene of the taxi cab ride.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

They have nothing to do with each other - FC4 is totally seperate location, people etc etc.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I caved and bought in last night. The next thing I know I'm hunting wild animals, it's 6:30 AM, and I'm need to be in the office by 9:00 AM.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

HAHAHA - it can be like that.

The best is when you do one of the instant Karma things to save some poor civilians - you kill the bad guys and free them, then the next thing you know a bear pops out of the woods and is having a civilian snack lol. Or they get run over by the crazy drivers there or one of countless other funnies.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Decent sale this weekend on Steam. Just bought it myself. Downloading now.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Uplay, no way in hell. Not buying anything from Ubi til that shit is gone. Had nothing but trouble with it on Black Flag.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Far Cry 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I've played nothing but it since I bought it weeks ago. I've seen the sun rising more times than I care to remember on late night gaming sessions, hours before I have to be into the office. The story line is great, the engine is extremely well done, and its a ton of fun.

Uplay has not got in my way at all. I had some issues in Black Flag and was pretty frustrated that it had to be in the middle. With FC4 it hasn't caused me a single issue. My only involvement is that it launches when I launch the game, and I have to close it when I'm done playing. That is it.

I am having an issue currently in the game with SLI after the latest patch that pulled down with the Yeti DLC. The developer has confirmed the issue and hopefully has a patch out soon. Turning off SLI fixed the issue and though I'm not happy about that, the game performance is still very good with a couple graphical settings turned down a little. On a single GTX 670 I'm seeing @67 FPS at 1920x1200. With SLI I get @90-110.

Don't let Uplay get in the way of you and this game.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Uplay is like Origin, just another launcher. Have never had an issue with it....I think your VAG IS JUST A BIT SANDY.

Smile

Love the game too - 60 hours in and I finished the main story but have several more hours of stuff if I want to 90% it.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

The problem is, though Origin may be a shitty launcher, it at least works the majority of the time. Uplay has never been reasonably functional for me. I never finished Black Flag because at some point Uplay decided that it wanted to crash all the time.

There's also the recent fun of them disabling games for people that bought them from reseller sites. I do this for some games too. Steam and Origin won't ban these keys unless they're actually stolen or purchased with a stolen card. Uplay banned them because they weren't from an authorized seller (they didn't like that resellers were selling the games for 75% of regular price within a day or two of release.)

At this point, there's also the simple fact that I don't want to support Ubi. Even if they make games I want to play, because of the way they do things. Unity was a buggy broken mess on top of being a "30fps cinematic experience, because that's where the industry is going now." Hell, we're months into Unity's release and it's still broken as hell. And don't even get me started on their microtransaction tie in bullshit.

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:15 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: