FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > ARMA III?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

ARMA III?  Reply with quote  

Anyone have it?

LAN Worthy?

Anyone plan on getting it?

I am pretty sick and tired of the BF1-2-3-4 COD killfest style games, I played ARMA back in the early days and enjoyed it (back when Scope had a huge hardon for it lol!).

Thoughts? Anyone else going to get it?

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I have 2, got it on a massive steam sale. I did not enjoy it. Couldn't say for the 3rd.

Edit: Was just a bit complicated for my taste... but then it set out to be more of a sim than any other game in the genre.

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I think we could enjoy it, IF we could get enough people playing it and would probably have to be on the net either way. It is far too open for a few people to play and enjoy. On the net we could get on the same server/team and play as a squad.

I have 2 but haven't bought 3 unless I got it on sale and forgot about it. I tried to play it on the free weekend but missed the time frame. Pissed me off because I actually logged in time to play some. Went through some of the tutorial while the free weekend time ran out. Headed for the net but I couldn't stand the default low resolution so I went to options to change it. The game exited to reload for a resolution change and I couldn't rejoin. When I went back in the time limit had elapsed and I never got a good idea of quality other than the need to restart the game for resolution changes =(

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah I am not keen on paying full price....i think it just came out? I will bite on it if it hits the $20-30 range I think.

I read a review where a guy ran a mission with AI and spent 30 min scoping out a mission objective lol. Seems like lots of camping - you would love that Drix! Smile

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

It's a good game, and fun to play with the right people. But I don't see it being likely at LANs. It's very much a simulation before a shooter. Old Ghost Recon or SWAT are simple in comparison.

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So can you fly stuff and drive tanks?

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

I am thinking of getting this soon......been watching vids online.....looks fun and deep.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

ARMA III STEAM SALE THROUGH THIS WEEKEND:

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/video/107410/

$29.99 is a damn sight better than $50!

Buying a copy now.......anyone else?

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

I bought it, and I think 7 did too. Anyone else?

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I bought arma3 during that sale but I'm not smart enough to get into a game with friends. It's pretty badass solo though.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I have to re download all my steam games......taking for freaking ever ug!

I snagged Shadow of Mordor and it is 37 GB!!!!!!

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

i picked up Shadow of Mordor on XBone and its my favorite game at the moment.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

You are welcome to come over and use my super fast internet. When Steam had the free MP weekend of CoD:AW I downloaded 41 GB (IIRC) in 32 minutes.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

good god!

so do any of you play arma3? It looks like most of the things are role play events but i'll jump in on whatever you guys have going.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

i started the tutorial and campaign - game looks fucking gorgeous, steep learning curve though.

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I tried it for a couple nights, was an assault on a small town and we were using helicopters to fly us in. It is really good looking but I found it to be too buggy. We would spawn in helicopters and half the time they would sink a little into the ground and get stuck. Was frustrating as hell. Combat was difficult but rewarding if once you get how it works. It is NOT like any of the battlefield games that is for sure.

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: