FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield: Hardline Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Battlefield: Hardline  Reply with quote  

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/05/28/battlefield-hardline-confirmed-reveal-coming-at-e3

BF meets cops and robbers?

SWAT V sequal?

Sign me up - especially if there isn't any choppers and planes to get ass raped by 24/7! Smile

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Eh, fuck it. No more Battlefield games till they fix 4.. and even then, treat any DICE product with skepticism until PROVEN otherwise. EA needs to let them actually finish a product before shoving it at the market.

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Drix, the Sand has flowed for years with you about BF

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I don't think it is broken code wise, it is broken overall design wise where they now pander more to EA/CoD copy cat/shit console port mentality. Sad

Can't fix that.....

Hopefully game play as cops and robbers will be better without all the vehicles/planes/choppers whoring everyone 24/7.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Drix, the Sand has flowed for years with you about BF

He's right though. BF3 and 4 have had some serious issues. 4 came out in late October and they're just now fixing issues that were there when the game came out and in the beta.

Unfortunately "release" these days seems to mean "paid beta."

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:48 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Well, isn't every game by EA fucked up from the get go and never 100%?

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: Well, isn't every game by EA fucked up from the get go and never 100%?

Yeah, but I don't think we should just be accepting it. And that's what we're doing buying at release prices (which it's still at, BTW). I had high hopes for BF4. I had hoped that they learned from the BF3 issues. They had, and yet in a very major way, they had not. A whole new slew of issues, and especially the sync issues that they intentionally forced on the players. And they designed that problem into it... It didn't make any sense.

I'm glad they're trying to fix it, but it shouldn't have been there to begin with. I'm not sure what they were thinking there. They had plenty of other issues with EA forcing it to the market so quick without DICE making an illogical choice in the design like that.

My point is we can't just accept this kind of thing, and need to start making the point with our dollars.

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:11 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

EA will never change. The only thing that would force them to is if they go out of business.

The console whores will continue to buy their games, which is 90% of their sales....

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Saw this on Hard OCP and LOL'd:

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:52 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Bullfrog, that one hurts.

They forgot Dynamix (Tribes, Tribes II). They were a Sierra purchased studio later shutdown after Tribes2 undersold due to being pushed out the door by Sierra. Sierra was later bought by EA.

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Beta signup open now:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

I'm in!!!

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Don't pre-buy yet. It is a BETA so I'll be realistic on my initial review/thoughts, but it has a LONG way to go to compare itself to PAYDAY 1 or 2. It feels very much like a "me too" game that EA put effort behind once they saw how good PAYDAY was. They took an existing engine, changed the HUD, made new maps, and somehow removed what little polish BF4 had.

The vehicles are mostly pointless, player on player combat feels just as broken as it did in BF4, the maps are too big for the 32 players that were on the server. I won a round for the criminals in about 90 seconds, uncontested, by running cash from one point to another.

If the game gets a lot of polish, a lot more content, and is sold for the $20-30 range, I could see it being something worth buying. At $60 I don't think it will ever provide that much fun. I hope it can but I doubt it will.

In summary, its BF4 without cool vehicles, pointless game types and maps, and most of the players have no clue what they are doing nor will they in the future.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So Payday full of BF fucktards. Yay.....not.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

Pretty sad they are bringing this out as a full game, when in all reality it is just a mod! Sevnn is right, new maps, new skins and tweaked vehicles.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

New maps is even a stretch. The map I played felt A LOT like the Chinese city map.

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Yup got beta invite, hadn't been on origin in a bit, saw it. Gonna download it now I guess

Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Goose wrote: Pretty sad they are bringing this out as a full game, when in all reality it is just a mod! Sevnn is right, new maps, new skins and tweaked vehicles.

I agree, not impressed. I would NOT spend $70 on it for sure.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Goahed Makemyda wrote:
Goose wrote: Pretty sad they are bringing this out as a full game, when in all reality it is just a mod! Sevnn is right, new maps, new skins and tweaked vehicles.

I agree, not impressed. I would NOT spend $70 on it for sure.

More like $100+ considering it'll have premium.

Played my first (and last) two rounds at lunch. Unimpressed. Completely unimpressed.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

PayDay 2 is 10000x better from what I have seen.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: PayDay 2 is 10000x better from what I have seen.

I will have to second this statement. Payday 2 is darn good fun.

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: