FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Path of Exile Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Path of Exile  Reply with quote  

This is my first character on PoE and I'm really likeing the game. This is my Ranger build:

Link to Paths

Level 74 Physical Bow Ranger "Bowie_McShaggypants" mapping Merciless. I'm pretty happy with it, descent with cheap gear (plus some help from generous friend heh). Got good deeps, 3k dps so far, 2600hps, 500mana (I never run out runnin grace and clerity). gotta find a 5l bow with more physical. I can already start piety "mef runs". Starting end-game with her.

PS. Iron Reflexes baybee... so OP.

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Ok that game looks cool as hell......like Diablo without the suckiness.......

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: Ok that game looks cool as hell......like Diablo without the suckiness.......

EXACTLY

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

See, he can play this, but he won't show up for a LAN. schlagen SHUN!! Mr. Green

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

PS> Brules has brought it to my attention that this game actually sucks... and actually, I now agree. I haven't played this since mid 2014 ish....

They change too much crap all the time. Makes it no fun. I've had character builds that were immense one day and total CRAP the next due to updates.

Some gripes:

1) A game update will take a character that you built over MANY MANY MANY hours to be immense, and take it and make it worthless due to "tweaks". Way to much work to loose it all instantly. I had a character that I worked very hard making and equipping that could actually do everything in the game and most of the time survive and a game update later it was worthless. Couldn't even stand up to minor bosses.

2) Necessary items that make the game actually playable (ie. actually able to kill some of the major bosses) are ridiculously expensive. By expensive I mean "in-game-currency".

3) It does actually start to get extremely repetitive. Only so far as that if you want to get in game currency to actually be able to own something nice and don't want to pay actual IRL money to buy currency online, then you have to "mine" for certain things that can eventually add up to being worth something. This takes a LONG time and so many hours that you are not playing a game any more, but working at a job that sucks.

4) Just about everyone that you need to interact with to buy and sell things are complete ass-hats. Everyone wants to pay nothing for stuff and sell them for a bazillion dollars. If people acted the way they act on there IRL they would be stabbed or shot by someone within a week.

5) The "mapping" system is rediculous. It takes you many MANY mining hours to actually save up enough to buy a high level map or buy into one at least and its over in 15 minutes. Then back to the fucking grind stone for another week so you can buy into another one. Stupid shit.

I'm over it. now my rant is done.

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

In other news, Diablo 3 Seasons are fun!

The fixed the game to where, if you like diablo, you will enjoy the game.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I just hate that there is limited maps and you have to run through them multiple times over and over.....I liked Borderlands, but like seriously, screw playing through it twice. Same with POE and Diablo.

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I like PoE again. That is all.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

New maps?

I would love the game if it was "bigger" and longer instead of multiple run throughs.

Whatd they change?

And whats a bad ass character now?

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm really just back into it cuz its been a while. But whats put me back into it is the new "Masters" system they've added. There are several "Masters" that you find and level up that do things for you. For instance, you can pay one an outright sum of orbs to 6 socket an item, or 6 link an item. Or he will mak the sockets a color combination you want. It take some of the frustration out of trying to randomize a 6 link or 4 off-colored sockets.... There are modifiers other masters can add to items, etc.

Right now is the fun of leveling up the masters so they can do shit for me. But I still probably wont put in anywhere near the same amount of hours I used to put in.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So no new maps or areas at all?

F that.......

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: So no new maps or areas at all?

F that.......

Yeah, I do agree on this. However, I've been focusing on the leveling up my masters and creating my "Hideout" (personal area I can create).

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Still, no new areas or maps.....thats ridiculous.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Yeah, I think the two new Atziri (normal and "uber") areas were some kind of measure to add content but they are so ridiculously difficult A) to get to, and B) stay alive in that they really didn't even add to the game.

I've never been to try either simply because its worth more to me to sell the map pieces than try myself and die 8 times before I even make it to her. (Then you cant continue and have to start all over finding the map pieces)

The "Corrupted" Areas also were an attempt at adding content but its just more of the same with more difficult monsters.

What they really need to do is add a whole nother act just like diablo did to keep people interrested.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I just read on [H] forums that act 4 and desynch fix are coming soon....

I may have to give it another try for Avt 4.

Is the Scion build worthless now I assume?

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm still running the scion incinerate build that is practically and utterly unkillable in Standard (level 84). She can kill big dominus in 8-11 seconds flat, no kidding. She will die IN UPPER LEVEL MAPS if I'm being stupid, but its pretty tough, heh. I've had no problems running 78 maps.

I've spent a ludicrous amount of currency on her (all 20/20 gems, 6L, MF+Res items) but according to the instructions, you can get by on found and very cheap items.

EDIT: GGG in their infinate wisdom has decided to kill the very aspects of the above linked
build that not only make incinerate playable, but a hell of a lot of fun. What a bunch of
complete fuckwads. I can't recommend this build or POE anymore. Its back to them fucking
everything up every time they release a patch to the game. Fuck them. Fuck.

Last edited by Shinare on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Cool, will you be at the LAN?

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Nope. If you end up playing more poe and want to level up your masters quickly, and have a high level character built already, you can join the global chat channel dedicated to people who want to share their masters with everyone. just join the global channel, and then type /global 820 and that will change to global channel 820.

Go about your business, and when someone wants to share their daily masters, they will say something like "Masters8 1/6" and that means they have all masters at level 8 and are willing to share in a group and its got 5 slots left. whisper to them and ask for an invite. If accepted, right click on their name and "Visit Hideout"... profit. If they say "Chain link Throne" then they are specifically ONLY sharing with other people that have Zana at level 8 and is expecting proof you have Zana at level 8. When you join they want you to "link" your "Throne" form your hideout which is a hideout decoration that is only available if you have Zana at level 8. Then each of the party members takes turns running all the daily maters, or "chaining" them. Personally, people that post "chain link throne" are asshats as the whole idea of the channel is to get help getting your masters to level 8, and then help others do the same when you do. (as otherwise it would take months if not longer)

In doing this, I have all my masters up to level 6 (one at 7) in just the last couple days. Gonna take a lot longer to get to 8 tho. Prolly a month. But the best part is, the higher the master, the higher the map level, the more EXP you get when running their quests. Sometimes, if the master is level 8, they run you through a level 75-78 map and thats sooo nice. Its basically a free 78 map that otherwise would have cost an exalt. And if something drops that is an awesome base, you got your masters to help you craft it. profit. I'm loving the new system.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

No idea what all that means LOL. Smile

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Basically it boils down to giving a high level character something more to do then run the same maps over and over or re-roll another character and start over.

Just give me ACT 4 ALREADY!!!!

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: