FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Bugbear (the Good Flatout devs) crowdfunding Next Car Game Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Bugbear (the Good Flatout devs) crowdfunding Next Car Game  Reply with quote  

Game website. Video describing what they intend to do... it's vimeo, so can't imbed in forum.
http://nextcargame.com/
If you'd rather read a bit about it. Also where my attention was first drawn to it.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/03/flatout-devs-next-car-game-crowdfunds-digital-carnage/

I know most of us thought Flatout 3 was shit. The reason it was shit was that the series was taken out of the hands of these devs.

Packages range from the $25 ($30 if you buy at a later, unspecified date) for the game (and base does include early access). And extra options go all the way to a $1000 package that lets you design a car paint job and puts your name in the credits. Mid-range packages throw your name in the billboard adds and all sorts of other goodies.

All of that is kinda cool. But I know we all WANT this game. So if you have an extra $25 in the free space of your budget for gaming, this would be a good place to put it.

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

HELL TO THE YEAH BABY!

Paying my $25 the second I get home from the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

2 things missing from the video:

1) "... and Flatout: Ultimate Carnage... yeah, we apologize for that one..."
2) "... and we are bringing back movable barriers for assholes to move around and block the course..."

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Ultimate Carnage was just 2 updated for Xbox360/GFWL. Otherwise, same darn game. And since no one used GFWL, well. there you have it.

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

My bus is a moveable barrier. Smile

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM (http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/)

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think we can forgo iRacing this month... if not ever.

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Also, for those that backed early, check your email. Your steam key should be there. Mine was.

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

or maybe not, multiplayer is not yet working, and game is still marked as pre-alpha. Still, going to give it a whirl, and will chime in when I have some idea how it plays in it's current state.

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:35 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Very alpha on the interface. Does not yet have multiplayer or fully support a gamepad. So yeah, not quite LAN ready. I will post another update when they do.

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I own it.....looking forward to real game play on it soon.

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Soooo.

Just noticed something in today's patch notes.

Multiplayer:

Implemented LAN multiplayer for both race and derby, currently supports up 12 players. Please note that the performance of the server has a significant effect on the client's performance, and if the server is struggling you might experience additional lag on the clients. If you experiencing lag, it's recommended to lower the quality settings via the launcher.

AAAAND:

Input System:

Added remapping support for XInput devices such as the X360 gamepad.
Added D-pad and look-around support for DirectInput devices.
Increased the amount of rebindable controls.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So is this worth it?

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

We haven't really LAN'd it yet, what with the no multiplayer. Playing against the AI feels a lot like Flatout. I'd probably just wait until you've seen it/played it with someone else's machine. But so far it's pretty true to Flatout.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Yeah it's still very Pre-alpha. But it is interesting to see them working on it stage by stage. And yeah, single player feels like an updated Flatout. It's very promising, but it is early as well.

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Right but is it better for a LAN than FO 1 2 3 4 5? At this stage...?

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: Right but is it better for a LAN than FO 1 2 3 4 5? At this stage...?

Anreill wrote: We haven't really LAN'd it yet, what with the no multiplayer. ..."

Brules, I think your attention span might be broken.

NO MULTIPLAYER means that we have NO WAY OF KNOWING. We'll get back to you when they've added it and had a chance to try it out.

EDIT: When we do get it, it'd have to be better than FO3, which did not deserve the label (and was NOT made by BugBear). And FO:Ultimate Carnage was just FO for GFWL/XBOX 360, and was almost exactly the same game as FO2.

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Drix wrote:
Brules wrote: Right but is it better for a LAN than FO 1 2 3 4 5? At this stage...?

Anreill wrote: We haven't really LAN'd it yet, what with the no multiplayer. ..."

Brules, I think your attention span might be broken.

NO MULTIPLAYER means that we have NO WAY OF KNOWING. We'll get back to you when they've added it and had a chance to try it out.

EDIT: When we do get it, it'd have to be better than FO3, which did not deserve the label (and was NOT made by BugBear). And FO:Ultimate Carnage was just FO for GFWL/XBOX 360, and was almost exactly the same game as FO2.

Apparently you totally missed my post saying it had multiplayer? So we'll know at the next LAN Razz

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Right, thus my question. Smile Worth it for this LAN? Enough Mplayer to be fun like old FO?

And are there moveable barriers? Smile

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

No barriers that I've seen. Only a few tracks and a couple of derby courses at the moment.

Just wait til the LAN, if it looks fun, buy it and copy it from one of us.

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:28 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Yep, I DID miss that post, Anreill. And Steam had not prompted for an update when I posted, either. It updated overnight the night after.

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: