FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 4: Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Brules wrote: I am tempted to put one up........

Unfortunately a 64 player server is still ~$75

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:49 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah......I was thinking maybe 32 player, but i hate the smaller maps. Stupid to charge that much!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Someone with a huge cox cant jut put one up?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Shinare wrote: Someone with a huge cox cant jut put one up?

Nope, EA tightly controls who gets the dedicated server copies, listing, etc.. I beleive the main justification was to limit hacking to only client side hacks like aimbots and wallhacks. They did the same thing with BF3.

Also, from what I understand you'd need around 10-20Mbps Up to host even a low numbers server.
...Though the bandwidth information is both old, and from questionable sources.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Drix wrote:
Shinare wrote: Someone with a huge cox cant jut put one up?

Nope, EA tightly controls who gets the dedicated server copies, listing, etc.. I beleive the main justification was to limit hacking to only client side hacks like aimbots and wallhacks. They did the same thing with BF3.

Also, from what I understand you'd need around 10-20Mbps Up to host even a low numbers server.
...Though the bandwidth information is both old, and from questionable sources.

Pretty much. They're dedicated, but they're rented only, no dedicated server software to the public.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Nice, lets just limit hacks to aimbots. Fucking BRILLIANT!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: Nice, lets just limit hacks to aimbots. Fucking BRILLIANT!

Better than "godmode", though... but yeah. slash

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I have been playing the one classic 64 man server nightly and it is great.....so pissed it took them this long to do this.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

What did they do? o.O
...actually make the game work??

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Drix wrote: What did they do? o.O
...actually make the game work??

Classic mode is BF4 with more of a BF2 ruleset. No health regen, reloading with half a mag causes you to lose the spare ammo in that mag. Spotting is no longer shown in first person view, only marks them on the minimap. Squad leader spawn only. Brules posted the full summary a few posts up the page.

Basically, it was way more fun than standard BF4. We moved as a unit for the most part, took objectives logically. Wasn't a bunch of people trying to lone wolf everything.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

And you don't get spam pwned 24/7 by fucktards.......yes it literally fixed the game IMHO.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I have still been killed in some BS scenarios where I pump a guy full of a clip of ammo to the chest and he one/two shots me, I die, but for the most part the balance is SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Some of the shotguns and LMGs do ridiculous damage......couple of shotguns easily 1 shot, and they changed a lot of damage stuff in a recent patch I think.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

OK, I'm going to show either my age or my stupidity but... WTF?? I try to run BF4 and it takes me to a website? I do the server browser and click "Classic" and there is one server so I click on it... nothing ever happens except a red lin across the bottom of the web browser... how to I just play this fucking game?!?!? :[ *old man grumble*

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

click on brules name and hit join. thats what i always do!
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Anreill

There's an icon at the top that if lit up yellow indicates that there is an update for the browser plugin. If you haven't updated that, the game won't launch/you'll get the red bar.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:38 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Shinare, BF3 and BF4 moved to a browser based server search tool. There are many reasons for this but primarily it allows for a much faster content update cycle since most of the content is sourced from the server, it allows a much better community integration so I can see player's stats, chat with friends, and it allows the player to do other actions such as browsing the web while their server is loading.

Make sure you reload your browser after you've updated the plug in.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Well I feel a little sheepish. I rebooted my PC and I was able to log into a server yesterday using the browser based system. It opened in a window so then I had to figure out how to change video settings, hehe. So anyway, I think I'm ready to go so hopefully I will see some of you punks online tonight. Smile

PS> Whats you all's names on BF4?

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

Same as always for most of us. If you look up OKGG under platoons most of us are in it.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:48 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Mine's Shinare73 since some butt-tard stole my name.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: