FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 4: Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

I wasn't terribly impressed the 5 min I played.....game definately "feels" different.....movement etc just feels odd compared to BF3. Not a bad thing, as I much prefer the slower movement/less Q3 twitchyness of the old BF1942 days etc.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

LainP7 wrote: The game is horribly optimized ATM. I get crazy fps drops on my 680 even while using the new beta driver. For those wanting to use BF4 as a system benchmark, you might want to wait till a actual release thats backed by WHQL drivers.

Lot of complaints about this when I was playing last night, but on auto (which set everything to high or ultra) I wasn't getting any lag.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:11 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill wrote: Lot of complaints about this when I was playing last night, but on auto (which set everything to high or ultra) I wasn't getting any lag.

Seconding this. My 485 hasn't had a single blip.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goose
Junkie

Sevnn wrote:
Goose wrote: I would get the bf3 has stopped working error, don't remember getting that before I updated to the beta drivers.

bf3 or bf4 has stopped working? I ask because I really hope they could at least find and replace bf3 with bf4 when they took the existing codebase and updated it.

My bad sevnn, it said bf4, just a typo on my part. Last night I didn't have anymore of the stop working errors (only played for a little bit), but when I changed the video settings from windowed mode to fullscreen and alt-tab'd it would crash 2 desktop with dirextX error. Didn't see any improvement on fullscreen so back to windowed mode.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Anyone else notice the map takes forfuckingevertoload?

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

I just started playing the Dom servers with 32 players and it loaded A LOT faster. I blame it on the bigassfuckingmap!

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill

Just installed an SSD last night. What's loading?

In all seriousness, yeah, on HDD it was taking upwards of two minutes, still takes 30-45 seconds on SSD. This is for 64 player conquest. Haven't tried smaller.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I made some user.cfg tweaks I found on reddit and it helped my fps.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

After playing the beta, this game is essentially an expansion pack for BF3 IMO.

I am actually more excited about COD Ghosts than this....... Sad

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: I am actually more excited about COD Ghosts than this....... Sad

Okay but it's COD. You want me to play it, you will first have to buy it for me, and then you're going to have to pay me by the hour to play it.

In all seriousness, you want me to play COD, we're going back to COD4, or CODW@W. The multiplayer game HAS NOT changed enough since then to justify buying a newer version of it. I'm sorry but it's true. COD's multiplayer is just an annual money grab, plain and simple. They make 2 or 3 different new killstreak choices and 4 or so new maps, and they expect us to drop another $60 on it.

Now I thought BF4 played different from BF3. It felt different. And since they're giving me back commander mode, they've waited a couple years, and during those years added more destructibility to the engine/maps, and said maps are more maps the scale I prefer. That's more than the BS you're going to get from the COD teams.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

The attack boat is almost worth the $60 by itself. The game doesn't feel much different to me, but I also view it as more than an expansion pack. Final judgement on value will be based on the maps.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Anyone planing on hosting a server? Any of our clan buddies hosting one?

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Anyone planing on hosting a server? Any of our clan buddies hosting one?

It crossed my mind, but it ends up never getting any use and in many ways isn't worth it since they're so restricted by DICE. I've tried to get servers for several games over the last few years. A 64 player BF server will likely run $60-70 monthly and at least in my experience nobody ever really chips in.

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I would like to possibly put up a 32 player server for a few months......or chip in on one. 2-3 months. Would be handy to have one to self lvl with ppl I know. Might be handy for at the LAN to lvl up lol

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Ok the more I see the more I am getting a little more excited for it:

Link

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I jumped into a game for a couple minutes this morning before work. The battlelog screen was pretty solid, the game loaded pretty quickly without any issues, and played pretty smooth with default settings.

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

We're going to have to outlaw 2nd monitors at the LAN's now lol:

Link

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

We knew this was coming. It's how the commander screen works from a tablet. There's nothing wrong with it. You can just bring an extra monitor Brules. I WILL have my table on it's stand right next to mine.

Edit: The app works nice. Now I just have to get to level 10 to get access to commander mode. Downloading the full game right now.

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am dreading downloading this on my 3mb DSL lol.......

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

lol.... 3mb dsl... lol

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: