FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 4 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Battlefield 4  Reply with quote  

They've pulled a COD. Setting the record straight right now. I'm not buying it.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

In what way? Releasing too soon? Having shitty or no vehicle support? The SP is too script driven? I watched the 13 minute video and I thought it looked great, played great, and did all things that BF should do, at least in SP.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

I'd venture to guess it's the fact that it looks like the exact same game.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am sad panda.

Oh wait, it is EA - why would I expect anything else?

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I'm glad they kept it "modern" instead of making it a future setting like 2142. I would have been OK with an updated WWII version if they went all out and remade 1942 but with a new engine.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill wrote: I'd venture to guess it's the fact that it looks like the exact same game.

This.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Drix wrote:
Anreill wrote: I'd venture to guess it's the fact that it looks like the exact same game.

This.

They would fuck it up and not allow ships to move.......without that a 1942 remake would just be BF3 reskinned for WWII.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

The problem is that even BF3 isn't really Battlefield.

The poor netcode, terrible gunplay, and numerous other things have made it into CoD on big maps with vehicles.

Give me back commanders, make capping a point actually take a long time like it used to, BALANCE THE DAMN MAPS, get rid of the client side hit detection that lets some guy you saw 4 minutes ago shoot you even though you aren't even in the same building anymore. The popularity of Metro is what really confirmed it to me, they catered to the CoD crowd. They may have made more sales, but they hurt the series in the process.

Unless there are some major changes in MP, I'm not interested.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I must be the only one here that never made it past BF2 and still play it regularly.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Is BF2 still played online? If so I may have to pick it up and play it......is it on steam or anything?

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Drix, I WILL BE BUYING AND PLAYING IT....A LOT!

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Drix, I WILL BE BUYING AND PLAYING IT....A LOT!

Unless they actually do something original, have fun with that. Not buying rehashed yearly/every other year releases anymore.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Anyone else playing BF2 ever? I may pick it up off of steam and give it a go since I am so sick of BF3 BS.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Anreill wrote:

Unless they actually do something original, have fun with that. Not buying rehashed yearly/every other year releases anymore.

What a bunch of bitchy women! Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Brules wrote: Anyone else playing BF2 ever? I may pick it up off of steam and give it a go since I am so sick of BF3 BS.

I have BF2. Don't play it much but would install it if people wanted to play.

I like the Frostbyte 4 engine and I really liked what they did with the Close Quarters maps. I am sad they didn't decide on a new titan mode or something for this. I loved titan mode in 2142. I'll do the same thing I always do with the shooter flavor of the month and wait to see who else gets it and base my decision on that. These games are only fun (for me) when I play them with friends.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill wrote:

Anreill, making the exact point I would have made, only more eloquently.

I'd be up for some BF2 as well.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Goahed Makemyda wrote:
Anreill wrote:

What a bunch of bitchy women! Very Happy

Just tired of spending money on the exact same game. This is they kind of shit that used to be considered an expansion and sold for half the price of the original game. Figure it up, BF4 for $60, guarantee it'll have the same Premier system BF3 does, so another $40-50. Battlefield 3 has only been out for a year and a half. We played BF2 for longer than that without ever even using the expansions. CoD and BF have turned into Madden. New game every year, shiny coat of paint, milk as much out of easy to create content as possible. BF3's DLC is more of a value than CoDs, but it's still a fuck you to the gamers.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yep. All thanks to EA.

Steam has it right with cheaper games faster and better deals on DLC's.

My main issue is the whole game play of BF is no longer what it was, it is now essentially a COD clone......bullet spam fest with no real tactical aspect to the game.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Yup, that's what I was referring to. CoD w/ vehicles.

Really wish we could get ARMA going, but nobody likes complexity these days.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Bought BF2........wow........forgot how it was just a BF1942 mod essentially.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: