FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Most anticipated games of 2013, and what we're playing now.

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Most anticipated games of 2013, and what we're playing now.  Reply with quote  

This is from games Radar http://www.gamesradar.com/new-games-2013/

I'd like to point out COD's next installment is ranked 99. Meaning no one is looking forward to it. The COD teams need to take a few years off remaking the same game with minor changes, make an actual new game... and then talk to us.
BF4 is on spot #20.
I'm NOT buying either of them. I'm already saying it. BF is turning into another annual POS IP like COD as EA's grabs for even more of everyone's money.

So now that I've said that, in no particular order, the games that I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO:
#48, Shadowrun Returns. ...I played Tabletop Shadowrun for years. Could still GM it if I read up a bit. This game is suppossed ot stay true to the Tabletop rules, which I personally think is an awesome thing.
#27, Metro Last Light ...and if you haven't played Metro 2033, shame on you.
#13, Southpark: the Stick of Truth
#1, Bioshock Inifinite ...I already pre-ordered

My current main game, as of late, is still Airmech. It has some SupCom similarities, and it's a Free2Play. So I'm not sure why more of you haven't tried it. It's more RTS than it is any other kind of game. And while I will say it's still in beta, the gameplay is solid and fun. I know I gave a few starter packs out during Christmas. The first 3 items I recommend you acquire, either way, are the "Money Maker", the "Generator", and some form of Artillary other than the bertha (Berthas are end game artillary, they're great, but not usable in early game)... Otherwise it's all up to personal play style. However, without those, you may find yourself annoyed by other new players. With those, you can work around anyone's BS, and still give yourself a chance of success.

Secondary games, I play as of late are as follows, again no particular order:
Torchlight 2 ...still occasionally playing it.
Awesomenaughts - A 2D platforming MOBA. Cheap, but not Free2Play. Still a purchase does get you everything but skins if you level up to them.
DOTA2 - If you're still needing in on this, I have keys to give away.
Orks Must Die 2 ...Brules and Sevnn persuaded me to buy this, and I do not regret it.
Borderlands 2 ...Still installed, and occasionally played when I see others on.
Warframe - futuristic FPS with RPG-like leveling of weaponry skills and lots of armor modifications. Sadly, It's in closed beta, and I don't have keys to give out ATM. Only had mine a week or so.

...Still playing TF2 from time to time. But I'm sorry to say my being burned out on modern/post modern warfare shooters is pretty much static right now.

Others, please feel free to share.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Nice......

I wish they would do a BF1943 or 1944......I liked the slower play/movement of the older BF seriers. It is almost too easy to kill people/die now.

I am looking forward to:

90) Day Z
79) Star Trek - its a canonized game bridging the 2 new movies. Yes please!
52) Elder Scrolls Online? Maybe?
43) Company of Heroes 2 - One of my all time fav games was COH
40) Deadpool - looks interesting, expecially M rated. No RYAN REYNOLDS VOICE OVER PLEASE!
30) Crysis 3 - holy hell it looks good.....
29) Aliens Col Marines - I pray it is as good a Mplayer as that top down aliens shooter game was....
25) SW 1313 - Anything SW I am down for.
11) Destiny - Halo + COD - could be good..........
2) Last of Us - wish it was on PC. Sad

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

On the topic of games you all play... Now that work has calmed down and I actually have a free weekend I was thinking about carting my rig across the turnpike to join you. I mainly play PC games so I have a whole lot of them (my 3 TB games drive is 60% full) BUT, the one I don't have on PC (yet) is Black Ops 2. I bought it on Xbox because that's all my younger brother does these days, his wife would rather him play in the living room than in the office on the PC. I'm not opposed to picking it up on steam, just wanted to know how popular it is at the get together

I have 177 total games on steam installed and about 5 on origin.

What I have been playing recently/have to play that's interesting (in no particular order)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Planetside 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Saints Row: The Third
Torchlight II
Starcraft 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Orcs Must Die 2
Borderlands 1 and 2
Alien Breed 1, 2, & 3
Supreme Commander 2
Dead Island
Magicka
BF3
Worms Reloaded
BF 2142
League of Legends
DOTA 2
Age of Empires III
C&C 3:Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath
C&C 4
C&C: Red Alert 3
All the Warhammer Dawn of War Games in the Franchise across 1 and 2
Warhammer 40k Spacemarine
All the Valve half life games
Killing Floor
Civ 5
Crysis 2
AvP (old one and new one)

What i'm looking forward to

Dead Space 3
Cyberpunk 2077 (seriously watch the trailer. Looks awesome)
Firefall
End of Nations
SC2: HoTS
Shadowrun Returns
Crysis 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Metro Last Light
Rainbow 6: Patriots (if it doesn't suck like recent Tom Clancy Games)
South Park: Stick of Truth
Watch Dogs
The Last of Us
Bioshock: Infinite

Last edited by Digitaldreamer7 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Personally think it would be awesome to get everybody in a squad/platoon in Planetside, but I doubt that'll happen.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I forgot to mention Prison Architect. I've been playing it in alpha, and it's quite good, but it isn't multiplayer. Still, in the new year, I recommend it for those who like SIM games. It's absolutely great. Especially at what it aims to simulate. And thankfully, with their design, it's diluted to cartoon violence.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Nobody mentioned Strike Suit Zero. Freelancer mixed with Gundam with music done by the same guy that did Homeworld.

Thats coming out on the 23rd.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am  View user's profile Send private message
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Anreill wrote: Personally think it would be awesome to get everybody in a squad/platoon in Planetside, but I doubt that'll happen.

+1

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am  View user's profile Send private message
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Anyone picking up Aliens: Colonial Marines? Launches tonight at midnight on steam.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Digitaldreamer7 wrote: Anyone picking up Aliens: Colonial Marines? Launches tonight at midnight on steam.

The verdict on many review sites say it isnt so great. That will likely end up being a Steam sale buy for me. Thats really sad too. I had some high hopes for the game.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Wut he said ^.

Could have been epic.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

LainP7 wrote:
Digitaldreamer7 wrote: Anyone picking up Aliens: Colonial Marines? Launches tonight at midnight on steam.

The verdict on many review sites say it isnt so great. That will likely end up being a Steam sale buy for me. Thats really sad too. I had some high hopes for the game.

DAMN! I was really looking forward to this. I miss the old AvP days of yore. I still have my AVP gold edition and AvP 2 CD-ROM discs somewhere.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LainP7
OKGG Admin

The AvP series rocks! I have the most recent one on Steam. Dont believe I have my disc for the original though.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

LainP7 wrote: The AvP series rocks! I have the most recent one on Steam. Dont believe I have my disc for the original though.

I have that one on steam as well, I really need to get around to finishing it. My backlog is terrible

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
SirPiccolo
Sand Filter

LainP7 wrote:

From my understanding the biggest flaw is in the single player campaign and isn't too bad in multiplayer death matches. Though it will likely be a steam sale purchase for me as well.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Brules
M F C E O

I wish someone would make an up to date SWAT game, that was fun as hell to tazer and pepper paintball each other in the face......

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: I wish someone would make an up to date SWAT game, that was fun as hell to tazer and pepper paintball each other in the face......

QFT

I am the master of the BeanBag gun!!! Smile

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: