FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > BF3 DLC / Premier? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

BF3 DLC / Premier?  Reply with quote  

Ok so WTF - I have to pay for the whole premier thing to get the DLCs - pay upfront yet the last one doesn't come out till 2013? WTF EA you cock sucking vampiric cunts.......!

And then it says "2 weeks early access" yet if you buy it today, you can't play the CQB DLC till the 12th of June?

Fuck I hate EA........

Am I right or too retarded to read the small print?

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Basically Premier gives you all the DLC for $50 up front. You get a few cosmetic/fluff extras for being a premier member.

If you buy the DLC individually, they're $15 each ($60 total).

So you get a bit of a discount on the expansions and some extra random stuff. Close Quarters early access starts on the 11th, general release is near the end of the month.

The crappy part is that they didn't do this sooner. If you signed up for it before buying Karkand you'd get it in that $50 too, so you'd be saving $25 instead of $10.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

That's fine, but I expected to see their first map pack around 3 months ago.

EA's other subsidiary, Bioware, is putting DICE to shame on this one. They've released 2 map/item/character packs for Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer since March, and they didn't charge for either of them. It's not as though DICE are perfectionists on this sort of thing. Prime Example: BF2. The first year of that was BETA as far as I'm concerned. And I played the hell out of it anyway. BF3, I've been bored with it. And for about 3 months. If we weren't still playing it some at the LAN, I'd have uninstalled it by now.

I honestly wouldn't mind playing COD4 over BF3 at this very moment. You couldn't convince me to play anything COD past that... but something about COD4 Multiplayer endured in a similar manner to BF2... or at least it was that way in my book.

Course, I guess getting the new stuff when it's ready is a bit better than the COD series that keeps handing us the same rehashed game since COD4. And that too would be fine if they charged us for expansions instead of a full game each year.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

YEah, I am stocked for the DLC's after Close Combat.........holy balls I see HIMARS AND AC130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AC130 BITCHES!

Oh and 4 wheelers and motorcycles I hear! + HUGE maps.......

I am jazzed about that one.

Heres the even better thing: My son plays on my account lol - so he will unlock the new toys for me lol!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Meh, they sell the unlocks now. Sad

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

?

Are the weapons in already for CQB?

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

The challenges are there, not sure if you can actually do them yet.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah, you can I think, I got shot with a SPAS 12 last night lol.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

You don't have to buy premium to play the dlc. If you plan on buying all the expansion packs then premium will save you money.

I'm really not a fan of leveling my character in fps. I just want to use cool guns and own people preCOD style. I can understand leveling for attachments, skins and tags but why does everything have to play like a mmo now? I just want to log in and have fun, I don't want to prove myself to the game. Its not a job.
I'm thinking about buying the sniper unlock.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

Speaking of leveling up your character:
BF3 Double Exp this weekend.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654783220020096/

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

YEah, I am stocked for the DLC's after Close Combat.........holy balls I see HIMARS AND AC130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AC130 BITCHES!

Psssssh.....I play that video game every day at work Laughing

Sorry couldn't resist that one.....I'll show myself out now......

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

So the random spawn on the CQB maps is the DUMBEST FUCKING COD LIKE THING EVER. How fucking stupid?!?!?!!?!?!?!? Played for 30 min tonight and said fuck it.

Is there a game play version that is not random stupid spawn?

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Join a squad, spawn on squad. I played for a couple hours last night and had no issues.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

Yeah the spawns are a little fucked.

I found that playing on 32/32 or less severs made it a lot better. It's really hard not to join a 64/64.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:53 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Brules
M F C E O

IT is stupid as hell. You just run in little circles capping flags and having people spawn up your asshole. Dumb as shit.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

What size servers are you playing on? CQ was designed around 16 player servers, it gets a bit ridiculous on anything larger than that.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Even with 16, capping a flag and having the bad guys random spawn right the fuck there with you is: dumb as shit. So fucking COD stupid, I can't believe it is an option. They need to have dedicated spawn points with X amount of cap points.

As it is, it is just complete fucking confusion with no tactical play to it at all as no matter what - the enemy can and will spawn anywhere making it stupid as fuck.

Next DLC can't get here soon enough.

COD fucking copy cats.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

.shrug. I played for several hours last night and didn't run into any issues. Rarely saw people spawn in and don't think I ever got spawn killed.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

SO apparently the problem is everyone is running the maps in conquest DOMINATION. Thats where it adds random ass spawns. If people would run NORMAL conquest on the CQB maps, it might be damn fun.

Fucktards.

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: SO apparently the problem is everyone is running the maps in conquest DOMINATION. Thats where it adds random ass spawns. If people would run NORMAL conquest on the CQB maps, it might be damn fun.

Fucktards.

Conquest Domination is the only available Conquest style game mode available for CQ as far as I know.

Though I do think they need to tweak it somewhat, the point of CQ was to be more fast paced run and gun though.

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: