FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Torchlight II

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Torchlight II  Reply with quote  

I know Drix and I have already preordered it on Steam. (ONLY $20!!! with free copy of TL1)

Has anybody else? They're having a beta weekend this weekend (starting the 18th.)

I've been playing for an hour or so and this game totally out Diablos Diablo 3, though I kind of expected as much since it's the true follow-up from the guys that ran Blizzard North.

Post Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Seconding Anreill's comment. I should also mention that, on release it will have LAN support, and does not require you to be online for either LAN or single player.

They're handing out keys to those with Runic forum accounts. Full data and links:
http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/05/17/beta-update-upcoming-weekend-stress-test/
And no I haven't got one yet. Whereas I've had it pre-ordered, I didn't have an account with them until today. Not sure how quickly they're handing them out. So I can't vouch for the beta being a full test (single player and LAN included) or just an online test. As they're labeling this a stress test of the beta.

I, personally, have been looking more forward to this than I was D3. And I would bet that feeling is mutual for anyone else that played TL1. It was a masterwork apart from the fact that it was single player only.

BTW, since Atomm never contacted me to claim my extra copy of TL1, I'm opening it up to the group at large. If you're a D3 fan, don't have Torchlight 1, and think you'd want it, let me know. And when/if you're convinced to pre-purchase the multiplayer sequel you can pass the goodness on.

But if you get a key/into the beta, chime in and let us know what you think.

Post Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

The beta is online only. LAN and Single Player buttons are there, but disabled.

Post Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Runic, Torchlight's creators, have posted a blog on where there are and where they are headed with regard to release and completion of Torchlight 2. and ti can be found here:
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30225

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

2 days 18 hours, as of this posting, till release.

Comparison Review article by Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight-ii-vs-diablo-iii-the-comparison-we-had-to-make

My absolute favorite difference between D3 and Torch2 is that Runic is open and encouraging to modding of the game. Meaning we're very likely to see more game after we've finished with the base game. Hooray! great grin

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

My interest is peaked...

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

Mod tools are up. Already a couple of official mods to enable 8 player MP and respec potions on Steam Workshop.

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Anreill wrote: Mod tools are up. Already a couple of official mods to enable 8 player MP and respec potions on Steam Workshop.

8 Players you say? Could be fun.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: