FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Mass Effect 3

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Mass Effect 3  Reply with quote  

Preloading on Origin is now available. Everything but my DLC is downloaded and read to go... and that is still processing. Gonna be another 3 days to game release, but it'll be ready to go when it does.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:11 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Humanity is screwed! Can't wait to play this one!

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:30 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I tried playing ME1 but couldn't get past the 3rd person view. Is it worth trying again? My boss has already scheduled 3 days of "alone time" from his wife after this releases.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

ME1 looks and plays like crap. I started on 2 on my PS3, I enjoyed it, though it is a console game through and through.

3 days away from your wife.....? Ummmm not quite that good lol.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

ME owns him, more than any other game. Oh, and he doesn't have kids, so he is trying to get it out of his system before his life "changes".

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Sevnn, Start with 2. As it stands, 2 with it's DLC (minus the appearance packs, and weapons packs, being optional) make for a huge epic. But if you're going to start it, start with the base game + Mass Effect: Genesis. The Genesis DLC allows you to make most of the decisions in Mass Effect 1 without dealing with it's clonky interface and gameplay. The story for ME1 was still good, but dang the interface sucked, and gameplay suffered as a result.

As for the other story DLC, Lair of the Shadowbroker and The Arrival are pretty essential for the story in the next. If you choose to not run through them, the next game will be assuming certain decisions for you.

Not sure what other packs are going to heavily influence ME3, but there are two packs that include additional squad members; I do recommend them as well.

The way the whole story, including romance arcs, carries from game to game is rather awesome. They made allowances for 2 to be a good starting point for those who missed 1, or didn't like how it played. With it's success, I doubt they'll do the same kind of things for Shepard's concluding chapter.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah it is an Epic Sci Fi storyline arc. Very well done.......just know there are RPG elements to it, and mining for ore in ME2 is.....b-o-r-i-n-g. I still liked it immensly.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Yeah... Visit SOL, and hit Uranus with a mining probe. EDI's response is hillarious.

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I don't know if anyone else has been paying attention to the multiplayer other than me, but as of tomorrow, Multiplayer DLC expansion #4 will be released for free to any who purchased Mass Effect. At this point, it is my opinion that this game was/is worth the purchase for the multiplayer alone. Maybe not when it was first released, but they did give you a huge RPG when it was first released, and they have also released 2 single player expansions for free as well.

Link

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/05/mass-effect-3-update/
Just thought with all the additions it deserved an update to the post.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am about ready to buy it - with the shit storm over the ending, I held off. Want to get this and Borderlands II asap!

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Bought it......got N7 Pack for $39. Worth it I hope! Love the story line, hope it isn't a disapointment.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: