FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > DOTA 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

DOTA 2  Reply with quote  

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

I know a few of us have been looking at it. Beta has a line right now. Just got my invite, so I'm wondering who is is looking at it and or playing it so far.

It's pretty polished for a beta. I've played 10 matches for far (randomly it didn't record one of them, or I'd have a 6th loss on record)

So far I've got 2 character I'm decent with on Radiant, and one on Dire. All pretty much the same role. Having never played the original DOTA (Warcraft 3 Mod), Nor League of Legends (LoL), I've had quite a learning curve, But the last few games I've been top player on my team. It'd be nice to have a few people to play it that I know. It's source based, so I'm guessing we'll be able to play it over LAN without any difficulties. ...at least when it's fully released. Good news is it's going to be like Alien Swarm, AKA: FREE. So that's awesome. Smile

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Hey, Valve says it will definitely have LAN mode:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/15/dota-2-will-support-lan-play-next-international-tournament-prize-pool-to-be-at-least-1-6m/

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill and I have been playing a good bit of this as of late. It's been announced it's going to be free to play, which is awesome, but I know a number of you are still waiting on your beta invites (assuming you applied for one @ http://www.dota2.com/survey/experience/). And if it's going be Free to Play, you may be wondering why it's still in beta. Well, it's still in Beta because, well, they're still working on the base set of Heros from the original. And it's my understanding release won't happen until they finish this base set. Those remaining are listed here http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content. That, and they occasionally breaking things as they add to it. Which is usually corrected by a patch within an hour or so.

Well, I know it's out of step these days for a private company (Valve) to try to make money, but those who are tired of waiting can buy early access for $40 @ http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/57939587?appid=570. That comes along with a set of customization items for Sven, Juggernaut, and Witch Doctor as well as a Boar Courier.

If you're even more... idio-devious. Yes, Devious is the word I'll use, and participate in the "Hat Trade", they've been using the invites without items as a sort of currency as of late for customization items (TF2, DOTA 2 or what have you). And so you might also be able to acquire one though that method. It doesn't make any sense to me the level of insanity the item trade has taken in TF2 and DOTA2, but Valve is making bukus of money from it. They're even hired a professional Economist, and he's released his preliminary study of said "Hat Trade" economy @ http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/economics/arbitrage-and-equilibrium-in-the-team-fortress-2-economy/. And yes, it's both frightening and cool at the same time.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Link

For those wanting new game modes for DOTA 2, well. >Very Happy

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Should I.....why not....meh!

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anyone not yet in on this, yet? I received a beta key Today from Valve if anyone is still needing access.

Strike that, I have 2, now. PM me if you guys want em.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Same as Drix, I now have 5 gift keys for this if anybody wants one.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I was told by a dude to check this game out. Anyone playing it? Is it any good? Do I need to get it? Got any free gift keys left?

Smile

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:42 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Assuming you still have the same Steam account, you will have a gift notification next time you log in.

Be aware the game has a sharp learning curve, though they do have a small tutorial. If you see me online, feel free to give me a shout, and I'll try to help you best I can. I highly recommend to stick to vs bot matches until you've learned at least 3 heros.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Will do, thank you very much sir! Smile Will install it tonight.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Worlds longest Beta? Is this essentially Starcraft II or what?

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I know Valve is keeping it in Beta until they at least finish the original set pf DOTA heros. Not sure how much longer it will be in "beta" after that. But all money being made on it is from the optional items in the shop. ..once they take it out of beta anyway. One can still buy into the beta if they like, though, at this point, any of us playing have plenty of keys to go around if anyone needs one.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Native LAN play for DOTA2 will finally arrive on September 23rd. Unfortunately 2 days after the LAN. But it'll be around for next month so we can free up that bandwidth for other uses.
http://www.dota2.com/firstblood

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So can anyone explain why:

1) This game updates all the fucking time

2) Said updates can be upwards of 5gb's?

WTF?

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Because you have shitty internet, otherwise the updates would be much smaller and easier to handle.

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Haha you got that right........though it has gotten better. My @Link is now > anything SWbell offers on DSL. I get a 10ms ping and 5 down 3-4 up. They finally have their netowrk working well after 10 years lol.

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Lately the updates have been mostly related to the Source 2 update from Source 1. But everytime they add items, it patches, and they hotfix a plenty. But I will say the source 2 update is very nice.

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Whats involved with the S2 update? better graphics?

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: Whats involved with the S2 update? better graphics?

Mostly.
See link for full details:
https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Color me impressed......looks like lots of cool new features and the custom games looks cool.

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: