FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Diablo 3 Beta

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Diablo 3 Beta  Reply with quote  

I is playing it. Is anyone else?

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I just hopes it comes out soon.

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I is jealous. Is it worth the wait?

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

So far, if you guys were expecting some fancy 3D graphics, you're going to be disappointed. It's old School. ...Very pretty old school, but if you were wanting a game in the same vein as the old one's you will be very satisfied. I can't give any where near ballpark a review yet, as I've only played about an hour or so, thus far.

So far I've been playing the Witch doctor, and I'm liking it.

Brules, did you ever play Torchlight? They're supposed to be putting a sequel out to it as well. I'm looking forward to it just as much as the final version of Diablo 3. Course, same genre... even some of the same creators.

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Loved DII - so if it looks like DII but prettier, I will be happy.....

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Then, Brules, you will be happy.

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: Loved DII - so if it looks like DII but prettier, I will be happy.....

Ditto.

I played the crap outta mine. Got sick of it. Threw it on a shelf, later pulled it off said shelf, played the crap outta it again, then threw it back on said shelf.

D2 was one of the only games besides UT2k4 that my kids and I could play together over the LAN and really enjoyed. *sigh* I miss those days.

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah I am really looking forward to D3's co-op game play...!

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I WANT DIABLO 3 AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

(jg wentworth)

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
McPoo
Sand Filter

Wait, if I want old school dungeon bashing without fancy 3D graphics why not just play D2!? $60 game with a few new classes and no offline play... I think torchlight 2 has D3 beat this round Sad

-McPoo

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 am  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Well I'm definitely getting torchlight 2. *shrug* Never was any question on that.

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

OKay, I have to say, my final assessment of the beta is that it needs multiplayer. It, of course, has it, but I don't know of anyone else in the beta. Single player gets tedious. It needs the social element to remain worth playing. Which is somewhat disappointing to me. But D2 at about the point of the jungle started to seem this way as well. I'm not sure how much of a down point that is. But it definitely is a pretty big one. Sadly I think McPoo may end up being right: "Wait, if I want old school dungeon bashing without fancy 3D graphics why not just play D2!? $60 game with a few new classes and no offline play... I think torchlight 2 has D3 beat this round"

Having played RPGs like Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, The Dragon Age series, Torchlight, and especially the original Baldur's gate series, I expect more variety of content and actions. Or maybe click-em-up just is too simple for my tastes anymore. But I still think with a group of 3 or more friends this has potential in the same way it was enjoyable in D2. They're true to the previous games in interface, art style and feel. But I'm left wondering if I'm going to buy this when it comes out or wait a year or so when it's price has come down. I'll still buy it so long as I have people to play it with @ the LAN. But I'm looking forward to Torchlight for the same reasons, and know I won't be paying too much for it.

I guess that my expectations are a lot higher than they used to be. The original Diablo was a masterpiece of it's time, and D2 certainly built upon that. But I got tired of it when I was playing by myself. And the same is true here. If you're looking for an updated D2, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I know I'm rambling a bit, but I still don't know if I'm going to buy it at this point.

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: