FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 3 - Air Drop

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
PlaceboC6
n00b

Battlefield 3 - Air Drop  Reply with quote  

Made this one over the weekend. Another of many awesome portions of the campaign...... Jumping out of the plane as a Russian..

Link
[/youtube]

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Nice video, but I thought this game was going for a level of realism. A typical HALO jump from 30k feet will get you you 5-7 minutes of free fall, not 45 seconds. I'm sure they are going for a better gaming experience but the time in free fall was way too fast.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

Sevnn is one of those guys who will pick a movie apart while you're trying to enjoy it Razz

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:49 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Could be a HAHO jump. Smile

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

GeneticWeapon wrote: Sevnn is one of those guys who will pick a movie apart while you're trying to enjoy it Razz

Pretty much...

Brules wrote: Could be a HAHO jump. Smile

Except then you'd be under canopy for 15+ minutes, and depending on chute volume, much longer.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Well I am sure they figured everyone would get tired of either 10 minutes of free fall or 10 minutes of chute steering. Smile

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:28 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

they could have just made you run the checks on your gear and prepare for the landing Razz

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:32 am  View user's profile Send private message
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

On one of the multiplayer maps(can't remember which one) you base jump off a building thats way up on a cliff, and parachute down to get to the next objective. It is so much fun.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I agree Brules that most players would get bored of anything more than 2-3 minutes of total dive/glide time. They should have changed it to a normal drop instead of claiming it as a HALO is all I'm saying.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

LOL - realism in a BF game......WHA? hahaha Smile

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

If you unlock the IRNV scope and mix it with a lazer pointer, it gives you a pretty hefty advantage. That shot was taken in daylight also.

I wish that I could use it right away on the weapon I unlocked next(F2000) because that combination is going to be brutal..

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 am  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

What I want to know is why the deploy screen kept showing you as support kit when you were medic kit. That little bug is rather annoying. Oh well, though, it's not a red-bug.

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

What was happening last night is, I would get hit by a grenade or mortar, and all the sudden my kit would change from assault to to support without even dying. I would try and throw a med pack, and a grinder would appear in my hand instead. Even my gun had changed. Talk about a crazy bug.

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: