FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 3 Goodness Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
PlaceboC6
n00b

Battlefield 3 Goodness  Reply with quote  

I've got some footage up for those that are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUG3ISMv3A0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcK0m67MxEw

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:21 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Awesome! Thanks for sharing for those of us not quite able to play it!

Edit: Holy. Freakin. Cow. That looks goooood....

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 am  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

God, i've got to get my new vid card soon.....

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I'll leave this to speak for itself.

Link

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

...and yes, like everyone else, I want one. Too bad. This sort of thing could fully revive the idea of an arcade for those that have enough money to put together a few of these rooms together.

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I keep trying to play and get this:

Sorry, Something technical went wrong

We're going to sort it out and have things back to normal really soon.

Try going back or Home

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Have you installed the plugin? And are you running anything crazy on your router. I know I had to disable all my running services on untangle before it would let me download the game....

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I had to remove the plugin and registry entries left after uninstall then reinstall to get it to work.

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

The F/A-18 video is AWESOME!!! You are handling the targeting but i looks very scripted. Do they allow you to fly planes at some point? The graphics are unbelievable.

Then that simulator they built... WOW I have a room big enough to build that if $ wasn't a factor.

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
PlaceboC6
n00b

Yes the multiplayer lets you actually fly helicopters and jets...pretty amazing.

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

I take it the back seat RIO was from the single player?

Someone needs to make a new flight sim using the BF3 engine.....I was getting major wood from it.

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

I purchased this game on the night of the 26th, and let it download overnight while I slept. The next morning I slammed a Monster, lit a smoke, and launched the game(excitedly).

What ensued was an entire day of frustration, as my game continuously failed during the activation process. It insisted that my username and/or password was incorrect, even though it wasn't, and I was successfully logged into Origin the entire time, with the same username/pw.

For lack of any other options, I reset my pw, over, and over.... so many times that I started becoming unsure of which one I was actually supposed to use Confused .... so after a couple hours of frustration, I went to the EA forums, and saw a 500 page thread filled with people rageposting with the same problem as me.

Long story short, Origin fucking sucks, and the activation system was down for the entire day.

It's been a loooong time since I had been that frustrated.

After forcing myself to chill out for a bit, I accepted my fate, and resigned to just play some Eve Online, the best video game in the world. Next morning, I get up, light smoke, drink Monster, launch game... being absolutely positive that everything was fixed, and I was about to be immersed in the ultimate PC combat experience. But what happens?, Origin is insisting that the game isn't fucking installed even though all 11.3 gigs of it are right where they should be, in the Origin games folder. Not even clicking the executable directly in that folder would launch the game. I had to download that shit all fucking over again, and I've only got Cox's 'middle of the road' internet package, so it probably took 5-6 hours.

Finally though, I got everything squared away, and have been really enjoying the game. It's the most gorgeous shooter ever made, and I'm about halfway through the single player campaign. One thing for sure, I need a new graphics card. My little GTX 260 is barely getting 30 fps on medium detail settings, so if anyone has a card they could sell me, I would really appreciate it.

Multiplayer is going to be a big hit at the lan, I doubt if any other game will even be played the entire day, though I will say that the EA servers are fucking slammed to hell. Lag is really bad, and causes you to do weird shit like send you back in time a few footsteps while you're running, and just a lot of random glitches. Just like Battlefield 2, helicopters and tanks spawn and the controls are all the same. I was able to hop in the chopper and fly it around easilly without crashing, which made me really happy.

If any of you would like to hook up and kill people, I'm GeneticWeapon in game, and I would like to add you to my friends list.

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:33 am  View user's profile Send private message
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

I found the OKGG server, all is well.

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 am  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

I figured out the other day that if it's giving you the crap about not being installed, but it is already, there's a fix. Go into the game folder, in the __installer folder is a cleanup.exe. Run that and it's magically installed.

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PlaceboC6
n00b

Geneticweapon,

The evga GTX460 is very powerful and well priced at $159 on Newegg. Just a thought. I have one of those in my spare computer and built my brothers system using one. We can play most games at full detail at 1080p res without issue.

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:20 am  View user's profile Send private message
PlaceboC6
n00b

Drix wrote: I'll leave this to speak for itself.

Link

I had to share that with friends. Very impressive

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:41 am  View user's profile Send private message
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

welcome to the Origin hate party Genetic......I've had several issues with it and still have a distasteful regard for it....

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:52 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Sounds like Steam when it launched.....it got fixed. Haha we all know EA's track record on fixing stuff! Smile

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

PlaceboC6 wrote: Geneticweapon,

The evga GTX460 is very powerful and well priced at $159 on Newegg. Just a thought. I have one of those in my spare computer and built my brothers system using one. We can play most games at full detail at 1080p res without issue.

I have my GTX 260 Core 216 overclocked to "around" GTX 460 speeds though... about 125mhz over stock on core and memory. I don't think I would get enough of a boost out of th GTX 460 to justify the price. I was already considering it as an option though.

Tyler, if you still have that GTX 460 you were hoarding, quit being a faggot and trade it to me for something.

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: