FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > My Youtube Channel - Rage Vids Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Watched most of the videos and couldn't get excited about a single aspect of the game. Vehicle physics looked good but weren't anything new, FPS looked good but wasn't anything new, sound placement seemed good but isn't anything new, the theme looked mildly entertaining, but again, nothing new. Did id/bethesda do anything original in this game?

I decided to go check out the id website to see if they did, and here is what I found:

1) Google: id, click on idsoftware.com
2) Fill out my birthdate (before even seeing an id logo to know I'm on the right site)
3) Look over the page for Rage and find it buried in the right content column with a reference about iPhone or mobile or something
4) Click the Rage image and get a 404 error, page not found
5) Click back and try to find something else Rage related
6) Find another rage link and click it, same 404 error
7) Look for a list of games, find it, and click it
8) Look at a list of games with the first result being Commander Keen, it looks like they haven't made anything new in 5+ years
9) Click back and find a link to the Bethesda Blog, not Bethesda.com but their blog
10) Click the link to the blog thinking I'll get to the main page
11) The blog page loads and is the same exact age verification prompt that idsoftware.com had, with a different skin, still no logo saying what site I'm on
12) Enter my age and look for Rage related information
13) Can't find Rage because their menu system can't handle Z-Index over top of the video that is about 50 pixels below the main menu and only the top dropdown option is available
14) Click around trying to find a page without a video on the main page so I can actually use the menu
15) Find a link to Rage.com, click it
16) Prompted for the 3rd time to enter my age, looks a little different than the first 2 age forms
17) Finally get to Rage.com and I find a big back box in the middle of the page
18) Wait a few seconds to see if it is a video (no frame to indicate it is, just a black hole on the page)
19) Wait longer, wait longer, after about a minute I check AdBlock to see if the video might be blocked
20) While I'm setting up rage.com on the AdBlock white list, the video starts to play so I think it is AdBlock related
21) Refresh the page to confirm and nope, not AdBlock related
22) Wait over a minute for the video to start, it doesn't
23) Copy the domain name from Chrome, launch FF and browse to the page to see if it is better, it's not
24) After nearly 2 minutes after the refresh, the video finally loads into a clip of gameplay (with horrible animation and voice over effects)

Sorry for the long list of steps but I'm floored that this is the experience I had when trying to find out information from the company that used to be the leader in this industry. My how they've fallen.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
PlaceboC6
n00b

It felt sort of like Borderlands 2.0 to me. Without all the annoying weapons. Many liked that aspect of Borderlands, but I found the experience of looking through your inventory every 30 seconds to compare a weapon to your existing one tiring after about the 3000th time.
Max Detail
1920x1080p

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message
PlaceboC6
n00b

Oh, and one of the videos on my channel is actually me playing Commander Keen. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OMPtAxQ70

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

That's awesome. Smile

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I could definitely see it as a Borderlands 2.0, but if it loses any of the freedom of BL, it would have to make up for it exponentially in other areas. Granted the inventory issues in BL are a PITA, but the freedom of do whatever the hell you want is why I played it for so long.

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: