FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > OMGWTFBBQ: Duke Nuken Forever is HERE?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

OMGWTFBBQ: Duke Nuken Forever is HERE?  Reply with quote  

Link

June 14th.

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

When you hit "add to cart" the only shipping option is "Flying pigs, 1 day"

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message
SuperDuck
Being Railroaded by the Dan-Man

I think it's serious. I mean, it's like actually here. This week. What are we going to do? Duke Nukem has been a staple of mockery for at least the past decade. What do we have to fall back on when comparing games that will never come out? I mean sure we have Star Craft Ghost... But hardly anyone remembers that enough to ridicule it.

I suppose we can wait and see how it does. Maybe it's stupid and the antithesis of fun... But still, I am in shock. I also couldn't find my GameStop receipt from so long ago. So my fifteen dollars that I put on it is long gone, not that I expected to ever get anything out of that money anyway.

So who is gaming it up at the midnight release?

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:26 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

No, Ghost was actually cancelled. It isn't floating in limbo.

And I've heard rather bad things about this, unfortunately. I was really hoping it would be good just for the sake of nostalgia since DN3D was my first PC FPS. I'll be waiting awhile to see whether it's worth buying or not.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SuperDuck
Being Railroaded by the Dan-Man

Really? Nnnnnnoooooooooo.

Oh well, that's probably for the best. Though then again I think I had put money down to reserve Ghost, too. Still no receipt though so meh.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:07 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I read an article on DNF in Game Developer Magazine (I think that's where I read it...) that was an interview on "what went wrong". It was pretty a interesting introspective into why it was a failed (until now) project. The main guy kept pushing for the "latest" technology or feature that they'd seen in another game that just released. By the time they finished that feature there was another game that had a new feature that he wanted included. They were in a perpetual state of follow the leader, rather than being a leader and developing something new. Every time they would get close to finishing it another game would come out, make their game look old, and they (he) felt it necessary to delay the project and try to compete with the released game.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

From the looks of it, it by no means looks cutting edge lol.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

But you can throw poop in the game.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

It looks like they got one of the versions from about 5 years ago..... fixed it up so it would compile.... then released it......

instant profit..............

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Ars is trashing it, said to "skip this one".

I think I'm still gonna get it so I can give a dollah to a pole dancer and have her flash me. Smile

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:04 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

You can actually get those in your face for a dollar.

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

Shinare wrote: Ars is trashing it, said to "skip this one".

I think I'm still gonna get it so I can give a dollah to a pole dancer and have her flash me. Smile

You know you could get an *actual* lap dance for the cost of this terrible game?

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:42 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: