FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Battle: Los Angeles

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Battle: Los Angeles  Reply with quote  

I'll try to keep this post as a non-spoiler review. Just got back from seeing it and I definitely enjoyed the movie. It had a mix of a few different movies such as Independence Day, Saving Private Ryan, and Cloverfield. My biggest concern going in was the movie trying to build some sort of civilian storyline that would mix with the military like they did (or tried) in ID4. If you have similar concerns, I can say they absolutely did not make the same mistake. This was a military perspective movie from start to finish.

The special effects were good and I liked how they modeled the aliens and their hardware. The acting was nothing special and I had a little trouble getting attached to the back story of the main actor. This didn't really matter though as the movie didn't overly dwell on it.

There were a few technical issues I noticed that bothered me, but few movies are able to get by without screwing up the small details. For instance, look at the back of the "laser designator" and you'll see a bunch of RCA and other connectors. The box was obviously a modified projector enclosure and I was a little bothered that they couldn't come up with something a little more realistic.

That said, I will definitely see the movie again. I won't plan on seeing it in the theater again but look forward to seeing it on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

How age appropriate is the PG-13? Is it Transformers like PG-13 or what? Khord is dying to see it.....I'm ok with it if it is like Transformers/Iron Man etc....

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

It has more than ID4, less than Saving Private Ryan. To compare to Transformers/Iron Man, I would say it is a lot less age appropriate. I'm ok with Berkeley watching both of the Transformer movies but I would not let her watch this.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Just got back from seein' it and yeah pretty badass.....

It was very military but like most films there was a bunch of little inaccuracies and such about the military and some events were very predictable. But I am not going to nit pick it. A good all around flick. Would recommend.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:20 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

What, was their cooking not up to military spec?

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

I'm not exactly sure Vince has a frame of reference when it comes to things military.

zunge zeigen

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Oh I have a pretty good frame of reference when I want too.......And good one on the cooking joke.... Razz

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Vince, have you watched the HBO series Generation Kill?

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: