FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Japan cancels whaling season due to group's obstruction

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Japan cancels whaling season due to group's obstruction  Reply with quote  

It's about time! Freakin' Japanese....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/02/17/japan.whale.hunt/index.html?hpt=T2

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I've watched Whale Wars since the first season and I'm very much in support of Sea Sheperd. I wonder how they'll show the upcoming season with less time to film. Hopefully the show won't become boring as they play more recordings of nothing. I'm definitely glad though that they were successful this season and hopefully this will be the end of it.

The new boat, Gojirra looks pretty awesome. I found some pretty cool posts on this blog: http://zichi.posterous.com/?tag=whaling.

Because of our case, many inside Japan are now aware of the whaling industry's kickbacks and embezzlement. The tide of public opinion in Japan has finally begun to turn against the whalers, which will eventually drive a stake through the heart of my country's whaling industry. The facts are clear: there is shrinking demand for whale meat, and roughly 6,000 tonnes of it are sitting in cold storage. For the first time, people in Japan are beginning to wonder why a fleet of Japanese ships is travelling thousands of miles to bring back unwanted meat.

Very interesting reading there, if you are into this topic.

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Holy balls thats a funny name......

Gojirra......Godzilla......slap a jap accent on it = LOL's!!!!

And yeah, fuck them whaling......i wish they could buy a submarine and pull a Capt Nemo on their asses.

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Re: Japan cancels whaling season due to group's obstruction  Reply with quote  

Goahed Makemyda wrote: It's about time! Freakin' Japanese....

Success!! ...and if it ends the show, oh well. Smile

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Link

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Nice find Mike. I was surprised that 20 knots was the top speed without pushing it too hard. I'm curious if they are keeping it's real performance under wraps.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Souper Phly
Junkie

Meh sea shepards are a bunch of hippie pirates who had no buisness being at sea to begin with. The japanese should have boarded and sunk their ship a long time ago.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

Souper Phly wrote: Meh sea shepards are a bunch of hippie pirates who had no buisness being at sea to begin with. The japanese should have boarded and sunk their ship a long time ago.

This. My opinion on whaling is that any industry such as this must support sustainable populations, and that pigs are the only extremely intelligent animal that I care to feast upon. Sorry pigs, you are made of bacon.

Hate the show. Hate all the drama manufacturing COMING UP NEXT fests.

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: