FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Black Ops Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

So far it's good. A bit laggy, but it's been working rather well the last couple days.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:49 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

Anreill wrote:
seta r_multiGpu "1"
seta r_multithreaded_device "0"

Change mutligpu to 0 and multithread to 1. Save it.

What's this do?

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I'm going to say from looking at it that it turns off SLI/Crossfire compatibility and turns on multithreading.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

So I'm thinking I wasted $60. It is completely unplayable on my machine.
At 1024x768, AA off, low textures, shadows off... My framerates are barely 10-15+ with consistent hesitation and lag.

Comp Specs: C2D E7200 @ 3.3ghz, ATI HD4850, 4GB RAM

Not the newest or fastest but damn it....... it's not that slow....

And yes.... I tried those config options.

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Weird. Nina and Jesse both play on laptops with lower specs and though it's not great it does run playable.

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

http://www.tek-9.org/forum/call_of_duty_series-46/call_of_duty_4-13/black_ops_config_tips-52618.html

you might try some of the config things at the bottom
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

It runs great on my 360. I loves killing me some zombies.

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So is Black Ops > than the new MOH? I want to get one of them for the PS3.....seem the MOH one didn't go over too well.

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

brules: i can't speak for the ps3 version, but i own moh and blops and i enjoy blops more (on pc)
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I think they are essentially the same for all platforms now. It seems the SOP now a days is make a console game and export it to the PC. Sad I still prefer KB/Mouse but for 20 minutes of fun every now and then, can't beat the PS3.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Are you ever going to move back to Oklahoma Brules? Geeze!

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Find me a job and I will! Smile

Actually if ANYONE knows of any head hunters, please PM me and let me know.

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

I know some people in Fiji that might be interested. What size hat do you wear? Smile

What kind of position are you interested in? I can keep an ear to the ground. Always glad to help hook a brutha up.

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:04 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Degree in industrial safety....or manufacturers rep/sales - but i would be picky as hell on the sales thing.....I am fucking good at what I do and refuse to sell shit. Smile

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

I hear ya. I'll let you know if I see anything around here. It'd be awesome if you made it back here.

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I just found a great tweak that made BO much (read MUCH) more playable for me. From the sound control panel, right click your speakers, go to the Advanced tab, change the default format from 16 bit, 44,800 Hz (DVD Quality) to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality) and click OK.

YMMV but this made my FPS WWAAYY more stable than they previously were. I've also done all the other standard tweaks including turning off sound occlusion. Various tweaks improved performance here or there but I was still having bad stutter issues when something big would happen in the game (grenade exploded nearby, I would go under heavy fire, etc). Changing the sound quality removed 90% of the stuttering. I'd read someone else posting a similar fix but they were going from 24 bit to a lower timed 24 bit.

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

The trick I read was along the same lines. I don't think it is so much about setting your system to 16bit 44100khz as making sure the system and the BO config match.

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I wondered about the same thing Menos. My config is set to 44khz, found the mismatch and wondered if the game was trying to push the sound card to up or downscale the sound rate. I considered pushing my config but the noticable difference between 44 and 48 is probably inaudible, at least from a game with mostly explosions and gunfire so I went down rather than up.

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

So I finally fixed my serious problems with Black Ops....

Installed XP.

Seriously, that did it. In XP I can run with everything cranked up at 1920x1080.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Well, XP handles sound in a completely different way so if that was your issue then I suppose it makes sense.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: