FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Black Ops Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Black Ops  Reply with quote  

I'm hoping this one will actually pick up, I know the folks I game with on a daily basis are all getting it. Anybody else going to be playing at the LAN? I'm actually getting a server in hopes of being able to play ranked games at the LAN.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I will buy this IF other people are going to play it. I'm pretty tired of buying $60 games that no one plays at the LAN or my Thursday might lans. However this one looks great. So who is buying it?

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:51 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'll buy it and play it as well if its going to get some play. I didn't buy MW2 because I didn't really like the game, nor did I see it as being playable long term. I've been satisfied with BFBC2, but am ready to move on. Black Ops looks like fun.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

i'd be down as long as we actually play it....

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goose
Junkie

I bought it however game play sucks way bad. I am sure I need to upgrade my vid card and proc but MoH ran without any issues.

Have read forums about issues with PC's and game play getting nasty frame rate. Would like to hear from someone that actually has a good rig and see how it is running for them. I mean I have not had the need to upgrade my X2 5200+ with Geforce 8800 GTS because world of warcraft runs great on it. Smile

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

I've been playing the campaign on my GTS250 w/ the resolution turned down to 1024x768 w/ no AA, and the frame rates do suck balls. It'll be fine for the most part, running between 40 and 60 fps, and then it will just drop to between 6 and 24 fps, and just be jerky as none other.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 am  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Ugh, I hope it's a software issue that they patch within the week...

If I upgrade to a GTX 470 or 460, I'll need a new power supply...

Shit, I just looked at power supplies briefly, over $100 for a good Enermax.

At least I've enjoyed what I've played of the campaign, better be worth it thought if I drop over $350 on hardware just to play it, I might be better off just buying the PS3 version.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goose
Junkie

I did make the following changes in the cfg and it made a good difference in game play. Hopefully they will tweak it more in a patch but I can at least actually shoot things now.

seta r_multiGpu "0"
seta r_multithreaded_device "1"

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3767344

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

It's still based off of the CoD4 engine which would run perfectly fine on older hardware. Not sure why so many people have had issues with it.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:01 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill

It's a problem in the software and they're already working on a full patch for it. They pushed a server update on 11/10 that really helped with online play. I played for several hours last night and really enjoyed it. Like the new unlock system. Guns still unlock as you level with XP, but you also get in game currency that you use to buy perks and weapon attachments. So instead of having to work up to the addons you just unlock the ones you want.

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

i can now play the game since the patch. what a relief
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

I should have it by the next LAN..... damn games are pricey these days Sad

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Yup, that's why I got so pissy when it was running like crap, before I found out about the software issues they are having.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:04 am  View user's profile Send private message
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

yeah remember when new games were 40 bucks....then it was 50....now 60 and I am like wtf....

or you can always opt for the super deluxe uber edition that comes with special limited edition black ops dildo for 199.99 Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:59 am  View user's profile Send private message
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

I got BO for PC

Windows 7 64x
MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo
HIS Radeon HD 5850 1gb
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz
OCZ Gold Edition 8GB Dual Chan

No real lag issues. On release there was some serious lag but it seems to have been cleaned up.

The only real issue I'm having with the game is that not all the servers show up in the server browser (devs are aware and they're fixing I guess)

Also, if you want to record videos in your theater. You have to play on a Treyarch server.
I thought it was fucked up because it only recorded a couple of my early matches, then I logged into an official Treyarch server and it's recording again.

Wager Matches are sooooooo much fun. Shit's like a real game again. Instead of trying to pretend like it's a tactical sim you actually get to play a game that's supposed to be like a game. I could see my self only playing real mutliplayer to get money to play wager.

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Link

So I played a bit of campaign and multiplayer tonight, and everything seems to be running a hell of a lot better. Thank god, I was now looking forward to expensive hardware upgrades.

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:40 am  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

VinceVaughn wrote: yeah remember when new games were 40 bucks....then it was 50....now 60 and I am like wtf....

or you can always opt for the super deluxe uber edition that comes with special limited edition black ops dildo for 199.99 Rolling Eyes

I remember when I bought Super Mario Bros 3 in 1990 for $50

That would be $86.50 in 2009 dollars!

Of course back then I would play games a lot longer Very Happy

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:43 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Plays like shit on my PC.

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Plunk wrote: Plays like shit on my PC.

Go into your Steamapps/common/cod black ops/players folder.

Open config_mp.cfg

Find
seta r_multiGpu "1"
seta r_multithreaded_device "0"

Change mutligpu to 0 and multithread to 1. Save it.

In game, turn off shadows, turn on vsync, and then see how it runs.

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Bet it runs like glass on my PS3! Smile

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: