FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Hot Deals > huge steam sale

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

huge steam sale  Reply with quote  

Steam has been having some huge one day only sales

Yesterday picked up like 5 really good games for 35 bucks Razz
Today is a new set

Supreme commander 2 for 7.47
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40100/
Star Wars Force Unleashed for 7.49
Company of Heroes complete pack for 24.99
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1529/

Highly recommend supcom 2 for those who havnt gotten it already

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Agreed grab that if you havent

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Word of warning for Force Unleashed. It's an awesome game in my opinion but the PC port leaves ALOT to be desired.

The audio/video files are all HUGE uncompressed Windows Media format and take up something like 9gb just by themselves, I think the full install of the game is almost 30gb. It doesn't give you any real eye-candy options and I think it may still limit the max resolution to 1920x1200 which is super gay. There's alot more to bitch about but these are some points y'all might care about so read up on it before you go wasting SEVEN WHOLE DOLLARS!

If you can, play it on 360 or PS3, it is a much better experience there.

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I've picked up a few games myself from the sale. The whole Darwinia/Multiwinia set and a couple Pop-caps that I've enjoyed the demos of in the past. They were worth $5 or less, but never would buy them when they were higher; with one exception. Plants vs Zombies is well worth the price they're selling it for @ $7. It was worth the $10 it was @ when I bought it. But if you have an Iphone, and have no problem playing it on the small screen and without a mouse, it's $3 on the app store. I figure it's probably available for you android users at the same price. *shrug*

Not seeing much else that I want that I do not already own (which just says I spend way too much money on gaming)... but there's a ton to be had. Same kind of thing as last Summer's sale at about this time of the year. Lot of awesome games at prices that one could hardly pass up if you don't already have them in your collection.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I've pointed alot of people towards Plants vs. Zombies but I just can't get into it like I can other TD games. Defense Grid is pretty awesome though if you're looking for more TD action.

I bought both for my sister and nephews to play on Steam and they loved both, and there's now 8 new maps available for Defense Grid as of this month for $3.96 so it's a good pick.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Nikola wrote: I've pointed alot of people towards Plants vs. Zombies but I just can't get into it like I can other TD games. Defense Grid is pretty awesome though if you're looking for more TD action.

I bought both for my sister and nephews to play on Steam and they loved both, and there's now 8 new maps available for Defense Grid as of this month for $3.96 so it's a good pick.

I bought it as well... though before the sale. As it was fairly affordable before it. Map packs included. I've Managed to defeat most of the maps and the one's in the map pack though. Game needs a map editor, badly. It's good fun, but then it would be awesome.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'd love to be making maps for supcom 2.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Same here.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

yeah....getting tired of Seton's Clutch over and over again....

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: