FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Classifieds > Lian Li PC-v352 HTPC "box" case $140

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
BladeRunner
n00b

Lian Li PC-v352 HTPC "box" case $140  Reply with quote  

I don't have a picture but let me assure you this case is brand new, it was only listed for sale in the last week. Here's the detail:

http://lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=516&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63

As expected as Lian Li it's got extremely high build quality, looks great, sleek, and feels extremely solid yet lightweight. Supports USB 3.0 and has a built in SD card reader that doubles as an external SATA port.

I ordered this case for my new LAN box and it arrived today and my components won't fit. Going by the spec I thought it would but unfortunately even if it would have fit inside, because you have to assemble the mobo/gfx then slide it in, a few protruding heat pipes etc prevent it from working.

Save me the trouble of doing a refund and I'll save you tax/shipping and an open box discount. I'd rather sell this to someone at the LAN so hopefully the buyer is planning to attend

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:27 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

What all did you plan to put inside it that won't fit now?

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

This and this

It's pretty much my fault, I was looking at the inside spec but not thinking about the fact that it had to slide under that lip on the outside of the case. So first the heatsink wouldn't slide by and then on that video card even though its a bit less bulky than the original reference design, the heat pipe goes slightly above where the top of the bracket is, so again it won't slide in and there's no way to insert it after the fact.

Overall, my fault, but still this is a great case and with a bit shorter cooler & a reference gpu I think it'd work great.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:52 am  View user's profile Send private message
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

so upgrade the card and get another less ridiculous cooler and its all good....thats what I would do anyway....

just my .02 cents

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: