FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > April Registration

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

April Registration  Reply with quote  

The sign up is full and now to waiting-list mode. Two months in a row, awesome... though with the freakish snow last month, we did not have a full showing. Here's hoping for good weather this month. and me pwning a good number of you @ BFBC2. Twisted Evil

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Here's to hoping I can get an X58 mATX board in time!

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Here's to hoping I can get an X58 mATX board in time!

I hear you on that one....man I wish I had the LAN PC ready last month.....good news is its ready to rock this month Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

FYI Vince the first GTX 480s came in stock today just under 2 hours ago. First PNY and then EVGA. I missed both by about 2 minutes each Sad

I've got all of the GTX 480 pages on Newegg auto refreshing every 10 seconds hoping to catch one and I'm randomly checking NCIX/NCIXUS and Mwave and ZZF and whatnot in attempts to snag a couple.

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

Nikola wrote: FYI Vince the first GTX 480s came in stock today just under 2 hours ago. First PNY and then EVGA. I missed both by about 2 minutes each Sad

I've got all of the GTX 480 pages on Newegg auto refreshing every 10 seconds hoping to catch one and I'm randomly checking NCIX/NCIXUS and Mwave and ZZF and whatnot in attempts to snag a couple.

What's the main attraction of the 480 to you? I know nothing about it so I did a quick google and read this review that didn't make it look too impressive to me anyway

http://www.techspot.com/review/263-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480/

Sorry just curious Smile It's been 2 years since I looked at hardware, trying to catch up!

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

The GTX 480 is NOT a good deal for price/performance period the end. It's just not. What is the attraction for me? Epeen and missing Nvidia since I sold my pair of GTX 295s. Even though Quad-SLI was notoriously a huge PITA to work with I had a really great experience compared to Quad-Fire with my 5970s and the ATI drivers in general.

I am kind of lying, I don't hate on ATI hardware at all, especially a single 5970 as it's a marvelous amount of power and the early ones were all cherry-picked for overclocking ability and mine easily exceeded 5870 clocks. It's just new stuff and I want it Razz

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

That is a perfectly legitimate answer! haha. Makes sense. The multi-head capabilities look sweet, but I'm not too excited about 3D yet. Saw it at the nvidia booth/couch at Quakecon and it made me feel sick

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I had a 3D setup too actually for awhile, Nvidia 3D glasses + Samsung 120hz LCD. Gimmicky at best, cool but not worth it at all.

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Woot! Two Gigabyte GTX 480s and an Asus Rampage II Gene ordered! Woot! There are still a few in stock just in case anyone sees this and wants some.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125319

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Nevermind, OOS already.

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Arrrgh....with work taking all my time it is looking doubtful that I can snag any of these.... Rolling Eyes

And yeah....price/performance isn't all that good. But regardless it is still the fastest single GPU card available, it has DX11, and it's Nvidia.....cause I am totally not a fanboy Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: