FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Tournaments?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
BladeRunner
n00b

Tournaments?  Reply with quote  

Hey guys, really had a great time at my first okgg. It was the first LAN I've attended in way too many years, and did have a similar feel to the old OLP at the mall Smile

One thing I really liked about OLP that I felt was kinda missing at least this month, was a tournament or something of that sort (really loved impromptu team Instagib CTF at OLP)... The only thought I had so far with the dominant game being BFBC2 was about the Squad Rush mode... What do you guys think of that mode? I played one round of it and it was reasonably fun, I think it'd depend on the map. On the snow map it was a bit too open, became a grenade fest quickly.

Anyway wanted to hear a little discussion about the idea of a squad rush pickup tourney at next month's LAN... any interest/curiosity/disgust at the mere mention of the thought?

I guess before that discussion though I should clarify, we do have the control to set up such a thing right?

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I love it when we do tournaments and we haven't done one since we were in the Round Up Club. IMO we should have a tourney in a different game since BFBC2 is clearly dominating, maybe another 2v2 random ladder like we did before in Q3 or UT2K4 or UT3.

No matter what we do it with I'm all for it but I'd like to see some variance.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

Nikola wrote: I love it when we do tournaments and we haven't done one since we were in the Round Up Club. IMO we should have a tourney in a different game since BFBC2 is clearly dominating, maybe another 2v2 random ladder like we did before in Q3 or UT2K4 or UT3.

No matter what we do it with I'm all for it but I'd like to see some variance.

Makes sense, of course I'm not pushing just for a BC2 tourney, I'm down for any kind of tourney if we have a little notice what game to have installed (I need to get UT2k4). I mainly was asking about bc2 because it seemed best way to get players.. Since hopefully the tourney would be one everyone wanted to play

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

FO2 Tourny!!

Edit: Quad Jump, Low-Grav, Zoom Instagib CTF in UT2k4 has always been my fav.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Shinare wrote: FO2 Tourny!!

Edit: Quad Jump, Low-Grav, Zoom Instagib CTF in UT2k4 has always been my fav.

We did this with 5 or 6 people for awhile at the LAN but couldn't get anyone else to join in. What was more fun though was when Singe put it at 200% speed with all of that on, it was a blast!

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

If I had had 2k4 I definitely would have joined in that, only thing I don't like is the low grav, makes it feel like halo Razz

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

BladeRunner wrote: If I had had 2k4 I definitely would have joined in that, only thing I don't like is the low grav, makes it feel like halo Razz
halo goodbye

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I love Halo, that should be the tourney! 4v4 Blood Gulch Sniper Rifles only! I know Singe will be with me on this one!

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

We did a 3v3 CTF Halo on blood gulch back when we were at Shepard mall.....that was a fucking blast and my team won! Smile

Halo is still one of my fav FPS's to this very day.....

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BladeRunner
n00b

I guess I don't really mind it as a game, though I'm not a huge fan of low grav (don't hate it either just not a fan).

What I really don't like about Halo is the effect it had on my generation... When I was in high school guys would tell me regularly "Dude, you have to play HALO, they made this amazing new thing, it's called 'capture the flag'" I facepalmed so much

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Robot Unicorn Attack tourney!

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: