FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > PS3 firmware 3.21 bricks fat PS3's

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

PS3 firmware 3.21 bricks fat PS3's  Reply with quote  

After updating my PS3 to the latest firmware 3.21 I was having problems with my controllers connecting and working properly. After googling about it there are many news articles about this latest firmware going so far as even bricking some of the older gen PS3's out there (making them non-functional). Evidently my controller issue is one of many, including slow internet response, no longer being able to log into PSNetwork, endless looping of the update process, not being able to eject or play blueray disks, games not loading, etc. So if you got a "fat" PS3 you may want to skip this mandatory update if you can.

I've sent a strongly worded email to sony about how they have crapped out my PS3, I doubt I get a response. Hopefully if they get enough, tho, the fix will come quicker.

Last edited by Shinare on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

PS> Just heard a friend of mine's brother's PS3 is stuck in the "endless loop" of the update which has essentially bricked his PS3 so this evidently is not a small deal. 3 out of the 5 people I know (including myself) that have PS3's are having problems with this update, and one of them has not and is not going to install it.

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:54 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Luckily I haven't turned on my PS3 in awhile, I was waiting for them to hack the Linux thing before I updated and they've basically done that.

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

mine seemed to update fine. knock on wood
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: