FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > a few questions about the february lan

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
azurith
Sand Filter

a few questions about the february lan  Reply with quote  

Firstly, I'd like to start attending the party. But location is everything.
"ALWAYS check the forums or this page for our LAN location before coming out. Our current location is at Meridian Data Systems - 5940 NW 120th Ct, Oklahoma City, OK 73162 near the intersection of NW 122nd & MacArthur. Access to local restaurants, plenty of parking. Refrigerator for drinks in building. Outdoor smoking. For a map and driving directions, Click Here."
Seems to be the correct information, but I would prefer to know for certain, know what I mean?

Next, I am needing to know the sort of games being played. I prefer fps & rpgs myself, but
would like an idea of what games are most likely to be played. As of yet, I don't have many games, since I mostly play on my ps3. That being said, I have very few games for pc, such as Crysis. (*Note: The hardware is not an issue.)

Thirdly, guests? I have a friend that I am trying to talk into going with me..
I know he's a pretty much a gamer also. The entrance fees are not a problem. But I would rather not go behind their back and register them. What is the policy on guests?

Lastly, what all is needed, any suggestions other than the following?
Computer (obviously)
Chair
Monitor
Games
Food/Drink

I think that addresses all of my concerns/questions.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

- Yes, Meridian Data is the current location.

- CoD4, L4D & L4D2, TF2 are all played somewhat regularly for FPS. I'm kind of blanking on what else is played at pretty much every LAN other than Flatout 2 and NFS Shift.

- Not sure what the official policy is on guests, but coming and looking around and checking out the LAN should be cool.

- Headphones, not speakers.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I maintain the details page. It ALWAYS shows the current location, that is why we state to ALWAYS check the details page before assuming you know where the LAN is held. We have been forced to relocate several times during the life of the LAN and until I win the lottery and build us a LAN center it could change Wink

A list of preferred games is always shown by popular vote on the roster. Every month it shows what attendies voted to play. However, since the LAN is dynamic, we pretty much pick and choose at the LAN, which give it a fun dynamic introduces us to new games.

Bring a friend, but we do recommend that they sign-up. Many times at the last minute the LAN fills up, so better to reserve a slot than not have a seat. However, often people who sign-up don't show, so watch the forums and reg list.

Your list of what to bring is accurate. Hope to see you, and a guest or two, at the LAN!

A note about signing up and not attending: There is really NO EXCUSE FOR THIS ACTION, as you can unregister if you know you can't come. It screws up the plan for the event, so if you can't come, unreg PLEASE....(this is not pointed at you, it is a general message for everyone)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Going to join us Saturday?

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Perhaps this should be reworded, as we've always updated the details page with the current location:

ALWAYS check the forums or this page for our LAN location before coming out. Our current location is at Meridian Data Systems - 5940 NW 120th Ct, Oklahoma City, OK 73162 near the intersection of NW 122nd & MacArthur. Access to local restaurants, plenty of parking. Refrigerator for drinks in building. Outdoor smoking. For a map and driving directions, Click Here.

We are getting a lot of questions regarding current location.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: