FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > February's LAN Party Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

February's LAN Party  Reply with quote  

...is next Saturday. Finally.

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

It's conflicting with my mini road trip to Kansas, but I will figure something out.

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

why in gods name would you want to go to that god forsaken place?

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:09 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

You say that while living in Oklahoma =P

I've got to go see my uncle over the weekend to help him out with some stuff. I'll probably end up going Sunday and staying through Monday.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I gotta say Oklahoma is a good deal better than Kansas. Sorry, but the majority of it is grass. Wichita isn't what I'd call a metro area, and Kansas City is more in Missouri than it is in Kansas. Again, sorry Nickola... though I will admit they have a few really good paintball fields. The one in Hutchinson is a personal favorite.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I may cut out early from the lan to visit my grandmother. Or I may be late to the lan to visit my grandmother. Or I may be at my grandmother's this weekend.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Oh I will give you that Oklahoma is better than Kansas but they're both pretty awful IMO.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Hey, I like living in Oklahoma.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

TehDanMan wrote: Hey, I like living in Oklahoma.

same here.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Nikola wrote: Oh I will give you that Oklahoma is better than Kansas but they're both pretty awful IMO.

I totally disagree. I would not want to live anywhere else. Central to everything, easy to travel anywhere, good work ethic, good income to cost of living ratio, great people and we are really building a great city in OKC for the past several years.

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'm with Mike. I mostly like the direction that Oklahoma City is headed. There are those things I dislike and those I like a lot.

For instance, I'm glad we passed maps again. I'm a bicyclist and am excited to see that the trails around OKC are going to be extended and enhanced. We need more trails to help keep bicyclists off the busy roads in OKC. People in OKC do not know how drive around bicycles, and they often forget that a bicyclist has an equal right to the road as they do. More trails mean less headache for drivers and bicyclists alike.

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

I agree as well.

Though on Dan's point. There are also a lot of bicyclists that don't know how to share the road with cars. I'm quite tired of seeing people riding against traffic, it's utterly stupid for several reasons. The main one being that when someone is doing that, you can't see them at all if there's another car in front of you. The other being that the same right of way laws apply to bikes, riding against traffic is just as illegal as driving against traffic.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enforced at all.

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

From experience living in the healthiest city in America where there are equal number of bikes to cars on the road, it's an interesting experience. Sometimes you coexist well but often it is awkward because of things like no bike turn lanes and they have to take some liberties.

Aside from all of that, try to excuse my hating on Oklahoma. Really I would say the majority of my gripe is from the constant 200% humidity. I really really miss the dry air in Colorado.

EDIT: And no Fry's or MicroCenter or PC Club here WTF!?!?

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill

We had a PC Club over on North May. It closed down a couple of years ago I think.

Just call Technology Unlimited, we can get anything they had, usually in a day if we don't already have it.

</shameless plug>

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I know and I miss the hell out of that PC Club Sad

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Technology Unlimited was on par with Dell when I ordered from them. Only a hair more than Newegg, but that included preassembly.

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Maximes
Giant Maxipad

who is bringing battlefield bad company 2? beta that is

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 am  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Nikola you lived in San Jose?

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 am  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill

Maximes wrote: who is bringing battlefield bad company 2? beta that is

I will be.

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Maximes wrote: who is bringing battlefield bad company 2? beta that is

I will be.

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: