FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Fsck'd up my Jeep Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Menos
Broke My Labia

Fsck'd up my Jeep  Reply with quote  

So I was going down the road and a huge chunk of ice flew off of a car going the other direction. It hit the windshield and roof and basically fscked it up. Rebecca (my girlfriend) ended up going to the hospital and the truck is pretty much totaled. It doesn't really look that bad, but the roof is bent in and down by about 6 inches and the main support brace right behind the windshield is creased. I picked up a new Jeep today. It has a blown motor and is only a two wheel drive, but that doesn't matter since I'm gonna swap all my stuff over to it (engine, trans, axles, etc).

Now for the pics.....

We ended up being on the news about it. All 3 stations came by and interviewed us and they all ran the story during their evening news.

Channel 9

Channel 4

Channel 5

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Wow! you guys are really lucky to have not been more seriously hurt. Do you have insurance? What happens and how fast do they react in a situation like yours if so?
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

All I had was liability, so there is no help there. The other guy stopped in the road but he kept going so I don't have any info from him. I'm gonna be out of pocket on my Jeep, but thankfully Rebecca's medical insurance should pick up the ambulance ride and the ER visit.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

that sucks, glad both of you made it out as safe as you did... I saw the clip on the news at 6 and was like... damn that looks like menos.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Glad you're ok! Get full coverage on your next one Very Happy

Somebody in a Jeep Wrangler in Norman flipped their vehicle near the Main St/I-35 bridge yesterday.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 am  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

That sux man, but it sounds like a fun project getting everything swapped over to the new jeep. Glad to hear that you and the GF are OK. If you need any help from a non-mechanical type of guy who's done a little spanner turning shoot me a PM!

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Damn man.....Lucky....

All in all I would say that could have ended far worse than it did.....best of luck in the swapover....should work out....jeeps are like that Very Happy

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

Pics of the work in progress.
All of this was done in about 6 hours over the weekend.....

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

damn I wish it were that easy to rip out the engine in my car..... Shocked

Mine takes about 6 days..... Shocked

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

That sucks. Hope everyone is doing better now. I got hit on Monday myself. My car was messed up good. I had to go to a accident care place. My back and neck got messed up good. I have another couple weeks of physical therapy. Not fun.

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

So tell me, how do you do a file system check on a jeep?

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

According to the Jeep Service Manual....

Disconnect the POSITIVE battery Terminal and touch it to ground for 30 seconds. (This is to discharge the PCM capacitors, which maintain the Adaptive Memory.
Reconnect the Battery Cable
Turn Ignition Switch to the "On" position but DO NOT start the engine
Turn Headlight “On"
Turn Headlights “Off"
Turn Ignition Key “Off"

This procedure performs a full system check and memory reset. So I'd think that's pretty close to a fsck.....

zunge zeigen

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Good reply. Razz

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

very fair

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

How's the jeep?

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Yea, how is it doing? I ended up being sick all last weekend, so that's why I didn't make it out to help.

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Do you need a ride to the LAN saturday? Or are you not going to make it due to the build? Hope you can come out.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Not gonna make it to the LAN. I'm almost done with the Jeep just have a few more things to finish up.
I'm pretty pissed right now though. I went to the tag agency today to get it registered and I found out it is going to cost me $250 to get it tagged!!! Apparently in the good state of Oklahoma, the buyer is responsible for any back registration fees and penalties. The guy I bought it from hadn't registered it since 9/2008 since it was just sitting in his field not running.
So I'm pretty much gonna have to pay as much to the tax-man as I payed for the damn truck! Sad

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

You know I really hate this states auto registration.....I mean seriously there is no precedent for that......by the law the vehicle wasn't on the road....but you still pay taxes as if it is.....I mean WTF

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Can you go back on the guy you bought it from and get him to pay all or part of the back tax?

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: