FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
BladeRunner
n00b

I'm really enjoying the large scale battles, destructible terrain, and all that but this game still has a few things that bug the crap out of me. Unlocks. I absolutely hate this 4 week program you have to enroll in before you can actually start playing the game... Not to mention that, there's guns you have to buy other games to even use? So lame. Also, I'm becoming more and more annoyed at how many kills are by anti-tank weapons. I think that'd be an area I'd sacrifice realism for gameplay but I dunno.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 am  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

BladeRunner wrote: ...Also, I'm becoming more and more annoyed at how many kills are by anti-tank weapons. I think that'd be an area I'd sacrifice realism for gameplay but I dunno.

And if you had a RPG land at your feet, you'd live? I mean I guess it's possible. You'd likely be missing a limb or two; at least. *shrug*

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

In real life you don't waste heavy ordnance on a single person. I would have never popped my AT-4 (carried three in the truck) at a single shooter. A vehicle or building? Sure... but not a single body. Plus you don't just shoot a AT rocket from the hip.

But yes. If one hit at your feet, you'd probably be very dead.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BladeRunner
n00b

Menos wrote: In real life you don't waste heavy ordnance on a single person. I would have never popped my AT-4 (carried three in the truck) at a single shooter. A vehicle or building? Sure... but not a single body. Plus you don't just shoot a AT rocket from the hip.

But yes. If one hit at your feet, you'd probably be very dead.

I think that's more my point, they call it anti-tank but those things get FAR more infantry kills, it feels like.

And Drix, did you read the part of my post you quoted? hehe. I'm agreeing with you, of course if an explosive goes off on you or near you it'd kill you, that's why I said I'd be willing to sacrifice realism here for gameplay. Leave the rocket play to Q3 Smile

edit: by the way, HI MENOS! do you remember me? Laughing

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Much as I hate to reference MW2, there was something they did that I liked as far as launcher weapons goes. Only the RPG is freefire, and it's extremely inaccurate and long ranges, spirals and pulls up as it flys. The AT4 required you to lock onto a vehicle first and the javelin had a timer based lock before it fired.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

In real life you don't waste heavy ordnance on a single person.

Not only that it is actually mandated as set forth by the "Law of Armed Conflict"

Proportionality. Proportionality prohibits the use of any kind or degree of force that exceeds that needed to accomplish the military objective. Proportionality compares the military advantage gained to the harm inflicted while gaining this advantage. Proportionality requires a balancing test between the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated by attacking a legitimate military target and the expected incidental civilian injury or damage. Under this balancing test, excessive incidental losses are prohibited. Proportionality seeks to prevent an attack in situations where civilian casualties would clearly outweigh military gains. This principle encourages combat forces to minimize collateral damage—the incidental, unintended destruction that occurs as a result of a lawful attack against a legitimate military target.

But then again if this was real life you wouldn't have Medic's with M60's or retards flying choppers into the ground Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

VinceVaughn wrote: or retards flying choppers into the ground Rolling Eyes

That was a pretty epic and short flight Vince. I still chuckle thinking about it Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

I'm downloading this off steam rite now but wont have a chance to play it till I get to the lan. I feel sorry for whoever gets stuck with me on their team.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: