FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

After getting complaints from 2 of my friends and watching the chat log on the server seeing 4+ people kicked and wondering why I reinstalled the server and changed the admin password.

I don't have any interest in moderating the server as I feel like it encroaches on OKGG Staff territory but that shit needs to stop. I'm sending Mike an email with the info and he can give it out to whoever he deems worthy.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

It won't happen any more.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I possibly gave off the wrong vibe. I'm not super pissed about what happened or anything, but I happened to be trying to entice some friends of mine to come with me to the OKGG and then that shit happened. It's really hard to convince them to pay to spend a full day with guys that just spent time chain kicking them off their server so I was getting frustrated.

At any rate, the server WAS reinstalled so that means you will need to search for it and re-add it to your Favorites. This is beyond annoying that it works this way as my Favorites and History are both almost completely grayed out -.-

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:05 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Also this.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:12 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Good picture. Smile

Also, I wasn't too worried about hurting your feelings. I did, however, dislike that MY KICKING SPREE WAS HALTED! Wink Twisted Evil

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

One of the problems is that there for a while the server was full. Those of us at Mike's house kept getting dropped (mostly when someone else in the room joined). There was some kicking going on to open up spaces.

Then again, Dan was just being an ass Smile

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

glad i didnt donate since my friends just get kicked when they start killing people
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

I'd like to join in on the kicking of people.

......in all seriousness, I need to buy this game if it's being played at the lan. Should I just grab it off of steam?

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Yea, I'd say go ahead and steam it, they had it on sale a few weeks back, but to my knowledge that is over now.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message
BladeRunner
n00b

With the pax coupon you could get it a week or so ago for $20 digital only Sad

So I'm trying to get my rank up and unlock stuff (I really hate how modern FPS won't just give you all the damn guns / loadouts to start with, ugh) but I'm having a really hard time with the server browser. When hit refresh all it just pauses for a long time then comes back with like 4 servers < 50 ping, but if I manage to get into one of those the ping is 150+

There's gotta be a better way, an external browser or something.. what are you guys using? It's so odd how something as simple as a server browser is so hard for them to get right

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Don't wait for it to finish searching for servers, hit cancel or the X well before that and it will continue to load in the background. Otherwise, it's just gay and you have to deal with it.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

Arg.. so it is at all possible to play with less than 100 ping? Would normally hope for <50 but I haven't seen anyone with that yet... What servers do you guys usually play on? Just joined another that said 15 ping on the browser then 175 when I got in game

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

All servers are pretty much the same as far as ping time. I regularly play with a 250 ping and always seems fine to me.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I always hit up Dallas servers as they seem to have the lowest pings.....I average about a 60-80 ping....

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

detox wrote: glad i didnt donate since my friends just get kicked when they start killing people

Nobody ever got kicked for killing people. There was one mass kicking though. The only other time anyone was kicked was when someone AT the LAN party on Thursday couldn't get in because it was full.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

TehDanMan wrote:
detox wrote: glad i didnt donate since my friends just get kicked when they start killing people

Nobody ever got kicked for killing people. There was one mass kicking though. The only other time anyone was kicked was when someone AT the LAN party on Thursday couldn't get in because it was full.

Solution: we play on other servers

Arg.. so it is at all possible to play with less than 100 ping?

Pings seem to be 'round-trip' ms times, so anything under 200-250 should be fine.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

That's a good solution.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035592278

New ATI Drivers supposedly fix the stupidly long wait times inbetween BC2 maps. Go get 'em!

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

YAY!

Oh wait, my laptop has an nvidia card and my desktop is fried. Wink

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

They just need to fix the friends list, the server browser (it's better, but not fixed), and add a few more maps. This is still one of the best fps games i've played in years.

Now if competition mode would only play rush gamestyle.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: